helpfuldemon

The Grades of Initiation

The Magister Templi realizes that God is All, and can communicate with all, and controls all.

The Magus offers the choices of All, and declares "Do What Thou Wilt"

The Ipssisimus says it matters not what you choose, All is Chaos.

The measure of life is security and Love. The Desire is productive, creative enjoyment of life, and the reproduction of the Human Race. Follow these and do well.

We evolve in life from the sexual organs to the Heart, to the Mind. You have to Master the Heart, which is Love, and Love is for All, and Forgives All, and the Mind Understands All, and the hardships of life and choice, and being led by the flaws of sexuality and emotion. The Heart has its faults to overcome, such as Pride and being hurt by Chaos. It is a Chaotic world, and we don't usually intend to do ill. We don't all Understand Law or know to honor the wants of other people, that is a mistake in Wisdom on their part.

On 12/09/2022 at 12:40 AM, helpfuldemon said:

What is Enlightenment?  It is to know.  And in knowing, we act.  

Can we agree on how to act and what is true?  It would seem that to the willful, all Will is true, until it is declared false (by them).  In this world of many ideas and ideologies,  where do we look for truth?  In all of it.  There are pieces of truth in everything.

But what do we say is "the way"?  This truly remains up to the person.  I have my own set of beliefs, and I try to act according to them.  The world is Chaos, and no matter how hard one tries to order it, Chaos it remains.  Not just because of a differing in ideals, but because youth is full of ignorance and the testing of Wisdom.  Also, accidents occur everywhere.  Nature is not bound to the Will of mankind.

"Enlightenment" means to bring forth some form of light (or understanding) into the world, where before there existed only darkness or confusion

People misunderstand it to be a title unto the individual, when "En", like "El" specifies a carrying forth

You can understand the secrets of creation itself, but unless you carry that understanding forth in some way that changes the world for the better, or benefits the greater good, you are not "enlightened"

The light itself is meaningless, outside of it overcoming and being carried forth

Just as light itself only shines, through its ability to overcome the constant

Hi HelpfulDemon,

I am Compendium. I am an Illuminated Initiate

I found this thread through a Google search and joined this forum especially to speak to you

You have a detailed and specific knowledge of an initiation process, which is as close to Illuminated initiation as anything I have read online

There is allot to unpack in what you have shared in this thread

I can offer you a good deal of perspective on much of what you have written

I have a few questions for you, on things I am confused about, within your own processes and experiences

I will first, need to finish reading through the rest of this thread

I will say, that you seem to have very important "keys" within the initiation processes missing

At least, within what you described, when compared to Illuminated Initiation

You also use terminology, which we very specifically avoid in Illumination, such as "truth" and "will"

I will ask you about these things later

But your understanding of some things, is as good as anyone I have seen. Honestly

A few quick things I can ask straight away

1) Are you aware that "Initiation" (meaning "to go into", is only the first half of the process? (the Sumerian "fish people", or the Piscean "fishermen"). Which is supposed to be followed by "Ascension" (meaning "to go out from)? (the Sumerian bird people, carrying a bucket of waters symbolic of being a "water-bearer" ... One who carries the water of their initiation out to others, and "enlightens" with their understanding)

In Eleusinian, these are the lesser (to go into) and greater (to go out from) mysteries

2) Are you speaking in terms like "Gods" for the purpose of the veil alignment of those reading? Or do you still think in these terms?

I ask because you are supposed to gain a very specific understanding within ego death, by which you realise that divine hierarchy and nominum title is an illusion

This is a very important key within alignment

"You are all

You are nothing

You are both

And you are neither

Let God be as God as

Unto you

As to your divinity"

3) What did you seek in the underworld? When you "peered into the abyss", what was your path? What was the purpose?

Was it done for yourself, including betterment of self? Or selflessly for the greater good?

4) Did you undertake anyprocessess to allow your mind to think non-linearly, bi-directionally?

As you seem well aware, the linear projected mind is something that is easily measured, met and countered

A type of existential prison, where one becomes their own jailer, battling a reflection of their own conscious mind, which is supposed to evolve conscious

Did the gatekeepers teach you anything about how to map the "chaos" para-dimensionally? In both directions?

"Chaos" is an illusion of linear perception, looking at cycles, from within the influence of those cycles

The more you understand the layering, and are able to visualise it cyclically, the less the "chaos" and its mirroring of self (and intent) can effect you

It ends up doing the opposite of limiting you, in that it aligns you as a centre of gravity within the logos

I can elaborate, much, much deeper on this and how it is done, if you like

4) You make no mention of the single most important key to initiation, which is the purge (the labours of Hercules)

Did you go through purge?

Mind - Catharsis - Pain (Past)

Heart - Purification - Fear (Future)

Body - Cleansing - Impurities (Pathway)

The reason I ask this, is that what you describe in great detail, is succumbing to existential blockages within you, that are supposed to be removed within the purge

It is the single most important aspect of initiation

You go into the internal Trinity of spheres (mind, heart, body .. Or "Entered initiate, fellowcraft, master mason" for Freemasons ... Or "Mind, heart, gut" for Rosicrucians ... Or "Father, son, Holy spirit" or the upper middle and lower dantien ... The list goes on)

You need "go into" self. Peering into the abyss as you call it ...

Or, in the case of Illuminatuon, dying and being revived, in order to enter and traverse the underworld

Within this purge, you cleanse and remove all blockages

As with the Egyptian depiction of the heart being weighed against a feather

You purge your "soul" of all pain, fear and impurities, so that you can be aligned with the higher spheres

The planetary bodies, etc

Whilst the blockages remain, with you "fighting yourself" in reflection, you are stuck

Subject to submission, or self-destruction (the fallen)

You make no mention of any purge process within initiation

Without this process, you will likely never return from the descent. You are weighted down

I can assist you with this, detailing what is done within Illumination

There is much more, but I will leave it at this for now ...

Because I want to read through the whole thread when I get time ... Before going back to the start, to offer some perspective that may help

One thing I can offer you now, from what I have read, is that you need to simplify the beauty you seek, within the world around you

Regardless of how far removed your sense of wonder and love for this world may feel

You are in the midst of the single most extreme polarisation (pole side) a persons mind can go through in this world

But there is a purpose to what you are experiencing, as I am sure you know. Whether it seems worth it or not to you, from where you stand

A depth of understanding that few others in this world will ever have. That is nearly impossible to explain, unless you have been through it

I have been though everything you describe ...

And much, much more

It goes far, far deeper still

You will find that, eventually, the deeper you go, more and more light begins to bleed though

Whilst you are "bottomed out", feeling drained of all you used to be, and anything you could possibly think or feel, let the children and the animals be your guide

Let their wonder and love for this world carry you, where your own wonder seems lost forever

The simplest beauty, that you see, but most others would be blind to, is the key to reigniting the fire in you, which feels extinguished

It is painful. It takes time. But they have the key you are looking for

But within doing this, you still need let go of the blockages, which would prevent you from feeling what is being offered

How often did you cry during your initiation?

Light bleeds through the waters. Especially tears

That taste you get in the back of your throat when you cry, is bleeding pain, which opens blockages and allows light to pass

The blockages are usually felt, equal to their size, in a sense of futility

You need start letting go of everything. To ensure that there is nothing which can hold you down

Descent in initiation is the easy part

Resurrecting your spirit in ascension is the hard part

In Illumination we literally give up everyone and everything we love, and go into isolation, cutting ourselves off from the world for many years

So that we cannot pain, nor be pained, whilst traversing the underworld (the hermit Odin, with one eye opened in the physical world, one eye closed in the underworld)

I can give you very specific knowledge on how to carry out the purge process, that will help you

I'll leave it at that for now, until I have read the rest of this thread

It may take me a while to do this, as I am currently undergoing the "affliction" stage of the ascension process

This means I am suffering from an unknown (undiagnosable) illness, which I may or may not survive

As such, I spend most of my time chronic, in bed

But I will get back to you, and hope to finish reading this thread in the near future

It is nice meeting you

Hope you all have a great Christmas and felt loved

Compendium

Edited by Compendium
Corrected autocorrect replacing words

Hi Compendium .

Sorry, he is banned and cant answer you here .   In your intro post someone showed you how to contact him .

I am sorry to hear of your 'affliction' .   What level of initiation and what part  of the body is affected ?

Have you read  'Theosophy of the Rosicrucian' by Steiner  ?  I found it interesting  in that , although I am not Christian , and not an anthroposophist  ( although I 'get' the basis of the system , as it was originally hermetic , and I have worked for them  in the field of - 'Earth Alchemy ' - I used to be the bio-dynamic  soil / compost preparations maker for Bio-dynamic Agriculture Australia ) I recognized Steiner's  'validity'  regarding his initiations ,  although a  variant  initiation process,  due to what he wrote about about associated  trauma , injury, unexplained, pain or sickness relating to certain parts of the body to certain initiation levels .

Although that can vary according to the system and the time and place .  Years back when we where an active initiating body , one of the 'trials' that seemed to be 'unofficially'  be out there was the  pre ' preliminary initiation'  car crash . -  people would have an accident on the way to the ceremony . ... not bad but usually sufficient to at least delay their arrival .

Best to travel to the place by camel    ;) 

PS . I am hoping your 'affliction'  was enacted and addresses as part of the relevant initiation ceremony ?

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am sorry to hear of your 'affliction' .   What level of initiation and what part  of the body is affected ?

Have you read  'Theosophy of the Rosicrucian' by Steiner  ?  I found it interesting  in that , although I am not Christian , and not an anthroposophist  ( although I 'get' the basis of the system , as it was originally hermetic , and I have worked for them  in the field of - 'Earth Alchemy ' - I used to be the bio-dynamic  soil / compost preparations maker for Bio-dynamic Agriculture Australia ) I recognized Steiner's  'validity'  regarding his initiations ,  although a  variant  initiation process,  due to what he wrote about about associated  trauma , injury, unexplained, pain or sickness relating to certain parts of the body to certain initiation levels .

Although that can vary according to the system and the time and place .  Years back when we where an active initiating body , one of the 'trials' that seemed to be 'unofficially'  be out there was the  pre ' preliminary initiation'  car crash . -  people would have an accident on the way to the ceremony . ... not bad but usually sufficient to at least delay their arrival .

PS . I am hoping your 'affliction'  was enacted and addresses as part of the relevant initiation ceremony ?

Thanks Nungali,

Pleased to meet you

I know Steiner through some of his Rosicrucian works, but I have not anything of his regarding affliction. I will look into it, to see if I find anything helpful. Thank you :D

My namesake Samael Aun Weor speaks of his own affliction, which would eventually kill him, as part of an ascension process which goes beyond the limitations of his lifetime

Though I respect his work and path, I have come to believe the purpose of the affliction, It is to draw the light out from within you, which recedes inwards within initiation

It is something that is supposed to be overcome in our lifetime. Or at the very least, it is possible

It is one thing to pass through the flame within initiation. It is another thing completely, to cast that fire forth from within you

- "I am sorry to hear of your 'affliction' .   What level of initiation and what part  of the body is affected ?"

We have two stages:

Initiation - "To go into" - The lesser mysteries "Kore, Hades and the oppression of Demeter" - Isis/Jesus - The Sumerian fish people / fisherman (Jesus) - Pisces
Ascension - "To go out from" - The greater mysteries "Persephone and the liberation of Demeter" - Osiris - The Sumerian bird people / "baring water" (the "water barer Jesus spoke of following, meaning "Aquarius", coming after "Pisces") - Aquarius

The simplest way, if you wanted to break our initiation down into levels, would be the 7 full levels, with 5 sub-levels, which are considered half-intervals of that before and after it. 12 layers in total

These are, essentially the same as the 12 labours of Hercules

There is a very particular reason for our levels being structured in such way, in that they align with what we know as the "Octave" of frequency

7 layers of perception. Which align with 7 layers of light. Which align with 7 layers of musical tone (with 5 semi-tones). Which align with 7 chakra. Which align with 7 planets (Mercury is not considered a planet in Illumination, but a "Solar moon", or what they refer to as "Solomon")

If you look at a piano keyboard, they are the 12 keys of the octave. 7 white coloured keys. 5 black coloured "semi-tone" keys

We align these 12 stages, with a simple aspect (or "degree") system, which explains the conscious alignment from center, in a way which is harmonic to the alignment of all other manifested existence

All "Torus" spheres/cells, manifest in exact the same way, through the same sequence of 1-12 (with 7 dominant perceivable layers). It is does not matter if it is a galaxy, a logos, a planet, mind, heart, body, or any of the cells within the composition of these things. They all form in exactly the same way, using the exact same sequence

The idea, is that by becoming intimate with the structure of one of these internally, as through the "underworld" in initiation (or more specifically, aligning yourself seamlessly with the "source" of this, as the source of creation), you become intimate with all of them

Because they all work exactly the same way

You can then mirror this understanding, to influence, control, etc

You fill out your understanding of your inner form in initiation, you can then project yourself outwards to align with the world in ascension

There is a little more to it than this, obviously. But this is the basis of the concept

Our number system and the symbols that we use for it, are based around this process of the creation and formation of a cell, sphere or "Torus"

In Illumination, we refer to the sequence of numbers and the meaning of their symbols as "The primary sequence"

The primary sequence, is creation. A sequence, like the universe, which does not end, merely grows bigger and more and more complex

The secondary sequence, is letters and words. Which are the opposite. They are "decay", limitation in algorithm, which allows us to condense relation of the primary sequence down into a relatable secondary, for the purposes of communication

The Freemason degree system is based on this sequence, but as far as I am aware, they have no idea of the original meaning of the symbols

Our "degrees", basically, are the same as those found in “degrees” or “arc” of any angle (archangel, very literally meaning “arc of angle”)

Within our initiation, these are generally measured in units such as years. But are not limited to years. They apply to anything sequential or enumerated. As all such things are connected, from the source of creation

They apply in phase across any incremental system of existence

These degrees, as far as they are perceived by the initiate, are dimensional aspects of position and direction, which illustrate the alignment between the source of your (our) creation, and your physically manifested form

Each "degree" represents a very specific "layer" of your attachment to the world, as the source of that which is able to think

Even if you, as the source, are perceived as merely being a reflection of "God" as the true source, or creator. The system still works

This perception goes back to a distinction between Sabaoth and Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth - Empathy - Or empathetic system
Sabaoth - Sympathy - Or sympathetic system

The beauty of alignment within dimensional aspects (or what we refer to in Illumination as "The primary sequence" which is numbers and the meaning of their symbols) ... Is that those who say there is no God, are no more or less correct that those that say there is

They are both right, and they are both wrong

When you reduce everything down geometric enumeration, and aspects of perception,  all there is, in reality, is your ability to either align with the source of your creation, or see yourself divided from it

This is why numbers are used. They give an accurate and infallible pathway to the source. Regardless of whether you see that source as yourself, or you see the sun as the source, or you see "God" as the source, or the the big bang, or anything else

As all cells manifest through the same sequence and process, all arguements as to "where" the source originates from, become null and void

(Which is why religions are so terrified of the Illuminated order, and the "universal understanding" they know is coming)

The geometry, is no different to the theology

When the Bible is translated correctly, genesis is about biology (internalised cellular structure), exodus is about geometry (externalised dimension of spheres of centres of influence/logos). Leviticus is vectoring, the balance and exchange between the two

"Numbers" follows, as the primary sequence (law) - Number and their symbol meanings
"Deuteronomy" follows, as the secondary sequence (law) - Letters, words and algorithm within phonetics, phonology, morphology

To answer your question, we basically, measure our initiation level in years. Similar to the Freemason degrees, except we intimately experience the association of the layering related to that number/year

In that regard, I am what you would call 12th dimensional

Meaning, I am one, in relation to another, as equal

The aspect of sharing understanding, as knowledge to whoever may seek it, or wish to know

My "Initiation" process began, Easter 2012. Which means, that by Easter 2024, I should have completed the process known as initiation, and be considered one undergoing ascension

But ... In order to be able to align in such a way to say that I have honestly reached the process of ascension, I must first overcome my illness/affliction

Or, I succumb to it

Meaning, by Easter this year, I will either be considered one of the Illuminated. Or will be one of the fallen, which means I will likely die

Not to sound dramatic, only to illustrate the general structure of the process

Though I sleep up to 20 hours a day and feel destroyed if I do more than the minimum I need to survive, I believe I am feeling better and "lighter" every day

The pain you asked of, is a pain within my chest under my right shoulder-blade, behind my ribs

I have x-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI. They cannot see anything wrong with me

I have come to realise in recent years, this is because the alignment and pain is not something which is physical, rather, it aligns para-dimensionally across time

I experience pains of surgeries, from long ago, as if I were awake during them. Pains associated, which stretch out across time

Pains that radiate bi-laterally across my flesh, all the way to the bone

I think, basically, the problem is, that my conscious mind was expanded dimensionally, in ways that then caused my flesh and bone to follow

I experience on-going pains, that radiate through points in my body like the kabbalah tree of life, that I feel concentrate down through layer, after layer, until I feel them concentrated in the bones of my spine

Likewise, when I manage to "let go" of certain pains, I feel them slip through gateway in my body, like a serpent uncoiling

One that goes deeper and through more layers than you can possibly imagine

Imagine the universe condensed into you body, shrinking in size at the speed of light to fit within you. Then imagine meditating on this for countless hours, after which, you seem to have gotten nowhere

Like trying to pull a piece of string through a jumble of gateways within your body, that exceeds the size of the universe itself

I meditate for days straight, up to 12 hours at a time, and I still cannot quantify the source of the pain. Or pass it through my form

It is like an impossibly long serpent, hatched within my brain, when I began initiation. Coiled up within my pineal gland, like its egg

It wrapped downwards around my spine

I tried to push it from my body, it shifted into the right side of my chest where it got stuck

It grew day after day, until it felt like I had an invisible tree branch slowly being pulled through my body and head. Horrifically painful beyond words

With time over the years, it grew to be the size of the universe itself

It became less and less physically painful, but more and more debilitating and exhausting to the rest of my form

I have come to believe that it is the literally manifestation of the pathway, through which my mind, heart and body, are able to combine to be here

The pain it passes, is no different to the pain I have taken on, or given in my time, being processed on levels, which it was not native to at the time, when my alignment was much "simpler"

I need to pass the "serpent", to free myself from the limitation, within physical form

I am hoping this happens by Easter

I hope this answers some of your questions

I appreciate your suggestion on Steiner

His exercises such as "backwards review" are very similar to things we undergo in Illumination to rewire our brains to think cyclically/non-linearly

Sorry if I shared things in this post that were of no interest to you, but I have no gauge yet, as to what would be of interest to you

Edited by Compendium
Corrections
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

Illuminated initiates need experience death, to enter the underworld. Usually by suffocation or drowning

Something which needs be carried out by your own hand, willingly. Meaning none will hold you underwater, you must do it yourself, as a test of your will, resolve and most importantly, intent

It is said, that only those who give themselves selflessly, without fear, for the right reasons, such as love and the greater good, will be able to be revived

You are warned, that if you do it "with fear in your heart", such as doing it for "self" (even reasons of self-improvement) or any of the wrong reasons, including curiousity, you will not be able to be revived. Regardless of the strength of your will or resolve. If it intent is flawed, the gatekeepers to the underworld will deny you access, and you will die

The idea, is that this makes it impossible for the unworthy, or unready to pass

As with Egyptian writings on the underworld, they measure your "offerings" to enter

But this does not mean gold or riches, as is mistakenly believed. It means the purity and intent of your heart

It is a dangerous process, which none should attempt to replicate outside of Illuminated council

It requires very specific alignment, to attempt this type of alignment

Like the fire of one torch, lighting another

There are very specific processes involved to ensure that only those who will survive the process, are allowed to undertake it

I will not go into detail here, for obvious reasons

I will only warn that there are very specific "gatekeepers" who guard the heart gateway (the ark of the covenant) in this process

So it should not be tried by anyone

These guardians are called "the burning ones" for a reason. Not "the cuddly friendly ones"

The modern Freemason "chamber of reflection" ritual, based on a ritual detailed in the Crata Repoa, is a symbolic recreation of this process

Almost everything that is carried out "symbolically" in Freemasonry, we experience for real

Affliction, basically, is a mirror process within the physical form, to the mental traversal of the underworld which is undertaken in initiation

As we die to close one eye, entering the underworld to begin initiation ...

So to, do we need open another (third) eye which is closed

To overcome and mark our return to ascension

It could be said to be the culmination of initiation

The best way I could contextualize it, is that it is like having a weight, like a shifting (or our of alignment) centre of gravity pulling against your body

One you need to pass and overcome

Or possibly, like being turned inside out, and having your conscious "soul" ripped across all dimensions, unknown and known, seeking to balance itself again

But within an external version of self, rather than the internal version of self

There is very particular esoteric understanding about exactly what this world and the planets actually are, that goes along with this

It is nearly impossible for most people to visualise effectively, unless they have traversed dimensionally, to be able to see each layer fluidly ...

But I am more than happy to share any of this understanding as knowledge. If you wish to know

We are not sworn to any secrecy. Merely taught to conserve our efforts in sharing things, with those who want to know, or are ready to hear it

Told to most people, they would not believe you, or think you crazy. Because they have no basis for understanding

But I am happy to share anything

Edited by Compendium
Corrections

Thats a lot to take in in one go   :) 

I thought to share something regarding your ; 

" The geometry, is no different to the theology. "

I see you work a 12 system with a 7  /  5  , and have interesting observations about the 'higher digits'  (and 12 )  .

I have a post   on for the lower digits showing how it is a universal principle in nature and has been adopted into esoteric or spiritual systems .

• Like 1