salaam123

About Damo Mitchell's MCO and women

Yes.

Women actually have a unique energy system so there are women specific practices. Used to be women-specific lineages for Nu Dan(Female version of Neidan), however the writings for this are basically lost.

Largely though, the practices remain the same as of now. Breathing is pretty constant. 

I recommend you read Damo’s books and join his academy to learn more.

You shouldn’t really work on MCO without all the qualities that lead up to it.

You need to establish the correct quality of breathing, which is the same for both men and women.

Edited by MetaDao

thanks all. I am a man but I was thinking about if I'd teach that breathing technique to my mother. Since I told her to breath from all four sides of her midsection in 2015 and she has now intense back pain. I regret greatly teaching her that, but she seemed weak from the back at that time and I wanted to help. 

So I am thinking if I should teach her that method, maybe it could help her. Doctors can't. She is in agony most of the day. I didn't plan to teach her anything else, just the breathing method.

2 hours ago, salaam123 said:

thanks all. I am a man but I was thinking about if I'd teach that breathing technique to my mother. Since I told her to breath from all four sides of her midsection in 2015 and she has now intense back pain. I regret greatly teaching her that, but she seemed weak from the back at that time and I wanted to help. 

So I am thinking if I should teach her that method, maybe it could help her. Doctors can't. She is in agony most of the day. I didn't plan to teach her anything else, just the breathing method.

sweet being caring for your mom,

not knowing what ails her I wonder whether doctor's can't, or won't?

and depending of the cause of that pain, the breathing technique you taught her may not be the cause of the worsening, it may simply be her worsening condition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

sweet being caring for your mom,

not knowing what ails her I wonder whether doctor's can't, or won't?

and depending of the cause of that pain, the breathing technique you taught her may not be the cause of the worsening, it may simply be her worsening condition.

Agreed. Could just be a condition and not breathing technique. I’d imagine it would be hard to sit and practice anchoring the breath with intense pain.

Qi gong and things like this could help but it may be more of a traditional doctor situation that needs treatment. Massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, medical treatment, etc.

Hope all goes well

• Like 2