Sign in to follow this  
Taoist Texts

Kind and Polite Taoists

this is to continue from

in practice am in the way of 趙友欽 Chao You-chin, quite a few years~ In researching kind of in the footsteps of Lee Fong-mao

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4591482

This says your respected teacher is a priest but does not say anything about neidan. Are you and him neidan practitioners?

You won't mind to share some of your translations of the poem from Qiu Chu-chih that I have asked you to review 10 days ago. It will be nice to see how you understand this poem, and then we can discuss the details together. 

Of course. pls see below

Mr Louis Cha Leung-yung made up many silly stories about Wang Che, Qiu Chu-chih, Ma Yu and Sun Pu-er...... These stories made him very rich as well. You think nobody else in Chinese history ever made up a story????

I just wanted to understand your POV: you believe that story does not reflect taoist values. Great, thanks, now i understand. I do not want to protract the debate and do not need to win points.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:06 PM, 鞏三孝 said:

Review the three tzu lyric poems where 先須保身潔淨,內常懷、愍物慈悲。挫剛銳,乃初心作用,下手根基 comes from. They are to the ancient tzu tune 聲聲慢 but called 神光燦三首 in 磻溪集卷五. Qiu Chang-chun wrote these to address challenges you now face at this very time

here is what i have:

其五 神光灿 The Spiritual Light’s Radiance

悲欢绝念,视听忘怀,从初号曰希夷。不晓根源,刚强说是谈非,百般拈花摘叶。谩徒劳,使尽心机。这些事,筭人人易悟,个个难依。 不在唇枪舌剑,人前斗、惺惺广学多知。上士无争,只要返朴除疑。冥冥放开四大,把尘劳、一旦纷飞。认得后,管教贤、拍手笑归。
Who interrupted his thoughts about grief and joy, forgot to hear and see - he conceived the inaudible and invisible. If you do not understand the roots and persist in chattering, there will be false speech, an empty plucking of a hundred kinds of leaves and flowers. It means to trouble yourself and others by deceit, to exhaust the spring of the heart to the end. This doing is very easy for everyone to understand, but difficult to follow. Lips are spears, and the tongue is a sword, people are arguing, intelligent, knowledgeable and learned. But the higher man does not compete, he wants to return to simplicity, removing doubts. It is necessary to dissolve the 'four greats' in the vastness, to take off overnight from worldly dust. Having understood this, you will master the doctrine of virtue - you will clap your hands, you will laugh and that's it.
推穷三教,诱化群生,皆令上合天为。慕道修真,行住坐卧归依,先须保身洁净。内常怀,愍物慈悲。挫刚锐,乃初心作用,下手根基。 欵欵磨砻情性,除贪爱、时时剪拂愚迷。福慧双全,开悟自入希夷。灵台内思不疚,任纵横,出处何疑。彻头了,尽虚空,裁断是非。
修真门户,大道家风,长春境界无边。秀气盈盈,闲里别有壶天。天中自然快乐,运三光,日月周旋。忘伎巧,任淳风坦坦,圣道平平。 一念还乡寂处,三宫罩、清灵万脉归源。浩浩神光,来去透骨绵绵。行人顿除造作,待功成,指日登仙。未行者,向词中,明取一言。
Explore the three teachings to the end, they are about the salvation of all living things, everything is given from above by Heavenly will. Those who perfect the truth, admiring the Tao, walking, sitting, standing and lying down should practice it single-mindedly, keeping pure peace in the body from beginning to end. In the bosom constantly there must be mercy and sympathy for all beings. In the beginning, you should remove your hardness and sharpness, this is the beginning of work and laying the foundation. Slowly and relentlessly polish your character, uproot feelings of passionate love, cut and sweep away the fetters of ignorance every hour. Combining both the good deeds and prajna, realization will open, entering into the invisible and inaudible. Then the abode of the spirit inside will not be ill, it will unfold freely along and across, based on this, there will be no more doubts. Having reached the end, exhausting the emptiness, the truths and lies will all be forgotten,.
This is the door to the perfection of truth, to the great Dao family and its wind, the eternal spring realm without an end. Life-giving qi will permeate fully, in leisure there will be another Heaven and Earth enclosed in a cosmic vase. In that world there is joy that is self-natural, the three luminaries in it make their revolutions, the moon and the sun go in a circle. Cunning skillfulness will be forgotten, disposition will be relaxed and serene, the Tao of saints will be calm and peaceful. In an instant you will return to the village of non-action, in the body there will be three palaces, pure and numinous all meridians will return to the source. The radiance of the spirit will be boundless, penetrating all the bones, soft and continuous. Then a person on the Path can suddenly get rid of his creativity, his merits accomplished, he will soon ascend to the saints. Those who are not on the Path, take these verses, understand for yourself at least a word of these.

@awaken 女士 why dont you join us for this friendly conversation?

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Like 5

On 2022/7/11 at 4:33 PM, Taoist Texts said:

謝謝你的邀請

這段時間,我把原本花在這裡的時間和力氣,拿來寫第二本書,我已經寫了十萬字,目前正在潤稿,希望可以盡快把這本書出版出來,也有不少台灣和大陸的朋友,贊助我不少印書的經費,基本上印書的經費都到位了。

雖然把丹道宣傳到西方國家,是一件很好的事情,但是我在這裡感受不到美好,只有感受到一堆惡意,當然你是少數中的善意,但是目前我還是以出書為第一優先。

thank you for your invitation

During this period of time, I used the time and effort I originally spent here to write the second book. I have written 100,000 words and I am currently editing the manuscript. I hope this book can be published as soon as possible. There are also many Taiwanese and mainland Chinese friends sponsored me a lot of money for printing books, basically all the money for printing books is in place.

It is a good thing to promote Dan Dao(Alchemy) to Western countries, but I can't feel good here, only a bunch of malice. Of course, you are the kindness among the few, but at present I still put the book as the first One priority.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, awaken said:

I hope this book can be published as soon as possible.

阿弥陀佛 太太!

• Haha 1

On 11.7.2022 at 10:33 AM, Taoist Texts said:

Those who are not on the Path, take these verses, understand for yourself at least a word of these.

Where is this from @Taoist Texts? Would you be able to give some context to this?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, schroedingerscat said:

Where is this from @Taoist Texts? Would you be able to give some context to this?

but of course.

this is a poem by 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiu_Chuji

as per the usual for these poems it has an exoteric and an esoteric meaning. The literal exoteric meaning is for the laymen trying to improve themselves - hence it advises them to soften their speech. The coded esoteric meaning is about switching off the human heart using the neidan techniques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2022/7/11 at 4:33 PM, Taoist Texts said:

this is to continue from

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4591482

This says your respected teacher is a priest but does not say anything about neidan. Are you and him neidan practitioners?

Of course. pls see below

I just wanted to understand your POV: you believe that story does not reflect taoist values. Great, thanks, now i understand. I do not want to protract the debate and do not need to win points.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:06 PM, 鞏三孝 said:

Review the three tzu lyric poems where 先須保身潔淨,內常懷、愍物慈悲。挫剛銳,乃初心作用,下手根基 comes from. They are to the ancient tzu tune 聲聲慢 but called 神光燦三首 in 磻溪集卷五. Qiu Chang-chun wrote these to address challenges you now face at this very time

here is what i have:

其五 神光灿 The Spiritual Light’s Radiance

悲欢绝念,视听忘怀,从初号曰希夷。不晓根源,刚强说是谈非,百般拈花摘叶。谩徒劳,使尽心机。这些事,筭人人易悟,个个难依。 不在唇枪舌剑,人前斗、惺惺广学多知。上士无争,只要返朴除疑。冥冥放开四大,把尘劳、一旦纷飞。认得后,管教贤、拍手笑归。
Who interrupted his thoughts about grief and joy, forgot to hear and see - he conceived the inaudible and invisible. If you do not understand the roots and persist in chattering, there will be false speech, an empty plucking of a hundred kinds of leaves and flowers. It means to trouble yourself and others by deceit, to exhaust the spring of the heart to the end. This doing is very easy for everyone to understand, but difficult to follow. Lips are spears, and the tongue is a sword, people are arguing, intelligent, knowledgeable and learned. But the higher man does not compete, he wants to return to simplicity, removing doubts. It is necessary to dissolve the 'four greats' in the vastness, to take off overnight from worldly dust. Having understood this, you will master the doctrine of virtue - you will clap your hands, you will laugh and that's it.
推穷三教,诱化群生,皆令上合天为。慕道修真,行住坐卧归依,先须保身洁净。内常怀,愍物慈悲。挫刚锐,乃初心作用,下手根基。 欵欵磨砻情性,除贪爱、时时剪拂愚迷。福慧双全,开悟自入希夷。灵台内思不疚,任纵横,出处何疑。彻头了,尽虚空,裁断是非。
修真门户,大道家风,长春境界无边。秀气盈盈,闲里别有壶天。天中自然快乐,运三光,日月周旋。忘伎巧,任淳风坦坦,圣道平平。 一念还乡寂处,三宫罩、清灵万脉归源。浩浩神光,来去透骨绵绵。行人顿除造作,待功成,指日登仙。未行者,向词中,明取一言。
Explore the three teachings to the end, they are about the salvation of all living things, everything is given from above by Heavenly will. Those who perfect the truth, admiring the Tao, walking, sitting, standing and lying down should practice it single-mindedly, keeping pure peace in the body from beginning to end. In the bosom constantly there must be mercy and sympathy for all beings. In the beginning, you should remove your hardness and sharpness, this is the beginning of work and laying the foundation. Slowly and relentlessly polish your character, uproot feelings of passionate love, cut and sweep away the fetters of ignorance every hour. Combining both the good deeds and prajna, realization will open, entering into the invisible and inaudible. Then the abode of the spirit inside will not be ill, it will unfold freely along and across, based on this, there will be no more doubts. Having reached the end, exhausting the emptiness, the truths and lies will all be forgotten,.
This is the door to the perfection of truth, to the great Dao family and its wind, the eternal spring realm without an end. Life-giving qi will permeate fully, in leisure there will be another Heaven and Earth enclosed in a cosmic vase. In that world there is joy that is self-natural, the three luminaries in it make their revolutions, the moon and the sun go in a circle. Cunning skillfulness will be forgotten, disposition will be relaxed and serene, the Tao of saints will be calm and peaceful. In an instant you will return to the village of non-action, in the body there will be three palaces, pure and numinous all meridians will return to the source. The radiance of the spirit will be boundless, penetrating all the bones, soft and continuous. Then a person on the Path can suddenly get rid of his creativity, his merits accomplished, he will soon ascend to the saints. Those who are not on the Path, take these verses, understand for yourself at least a word of these.

我的書寫完,也送去給出版社印刷了

剛才簡單把丘處機的詩全部看一遍

他應該是沒有練成功的

王重陽是有成功的

After finishing my book, I sent it to the publishing house for printing.

I simply read all of Qiu Chuji's poems just now

He must have failed.

Wang Chongyang was successful

3 hours ago, awaken said:

I simply read all of Qiu Chuji's poems just now

He must have failed.

Wang Chongyang was successful

sounds cryptic. what is a success or a failure? and why do you think so about them?

Edited by Taoist Texts

The success of alchemy practice depends on whether a person has achieved the golden elixir.

Wang Chongyang's poems show that he has success
Qiu Chuji's poems show that he did not succeed

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, awaken said:

Qiu Chuji's poems show that he did not succeed

i see. you have a specific verse for Qiu?

Edited by Taoist Texts

Qiu Chuji's Poems Can't Find Evidence of Achievement of Jindan

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=en&res=295489&remap=gb

造物三首

13 造物通神化,流形满大千。群迷长受苦,万圣不能悛。

14 太混一时剖,空花千古繁。神奇亿万变,道德杳冥存。

15 万花随时出,三光合度明。九霄宫运转,八极自生成。

From these few sentences, it can be seen that he has reached the second stage of Yang Sheng

從這幾句可以看出他練到二階段陽生

1 自咏

2 当初学道,凭空鍊己,志冲天、人间无比。

3 放旷山林,次后复、逍遥云水。过夷门、

4 又临秦地。飘蓬十载,游程万里。度关津、

5 崎岖迢递。事事谙来,但悟了、般般总弃。

6 只随缘、布裘芒履。

From these few sentences, it can be seen that the more he practiced, the lazier he became.

Maybe that's why he hasn't broken through

He practiced hard when he was young, and later spent too much time traveling around

從這幾句可以看出來他越練越懶了

或許這是他一直沒有突破的原因

他年輕時練得比較用功,後來花了太多時間旅行各地

Yin Zhiping, a student of Qiu Chuji, later published a book, Xin Min Guizhi

It's already nonsense

It really doesn't take a few years to distort Dan Dao

Wang Chongyang is successful

But when it came to Qiu Chuji, it failed.

Inherited to Yin Zhiping, even the most basic general direction has been wrong

丘處機的學生尹志平後來出了一本書,性命圭旨

已經是胡說八道了

要扭曲丹道真的不用幾年

王重陽是成功的

但是到了丘處機就失敗了

傳承到了尹志平就已經連最基本的大方向都練錯了

Zhang Boduan also has a similar situation
Zhang Boduan is successful
But when it comes to his student's student, Weng Baoguang, like Yin Zhiping, even the general direction is wrong

張伯端也有類似的情況
張伯端是成功的
但是到了他的學生的學生,翁葆光,跟尹志平一樣,連大方向都是錯的

Edited by awaken
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, awaken said:

Don't you wonder how I can tell the difference?

Indeed I do. But there is a more important thing that I do not understand.

20 hours ago, awaken said:

從這幾句可以看出他練到二階段陽生

you say that Qiu did not reach golden elixir BUT he reached 陽生.  what is 陽生? do you mean 阳神?or 阳身?

第二階段陽生

有曼陀羅的形字印出現

Second stage Yangsheng

There is a mandala show in shapes, words, seal

Yin and Yang are repeated, and when they reach the extreme, there will be a phenomenon of yang birth

我也很好奇,你會不會想要親自體會一下陽生的現象嗎?

I'm also curious, would you like to experience the Yangsheng phenomenon for yourself?

If you have gone through those processes yourself, you can see from other people's articles whether he has gone through the same process

陽神 is black liver light

Edited by awaken

1 minute ago, awaken said:

I'm also curious, would you like to experience the Yangsheng phenomenon for yourself?

ah, thank you now I understand what you mean. Yes, I would love to experience it. 多谢!

如果跟你說你要改變練法,才能體會到,你願意改變練的方法嗎?

If I tell you that you have to change your practice method to experience it, are you willing to change your practice method?

Edited by awaken

造物三首

13 造物通神化,流形满大千。群迷长受苦,万圣不能悛。

14 太混一时剖,空花千古繁。神奇亿万变,道德杳冥存。

15 万花随时出,三光合度明。九霄宫运转,八极自生成。

From these few sentences, it can be seen that he has reached the second stage of Yang Sheng

Since you quote Qiu, i will help you with translation. I have translated almost all of his works long time ago;)

Creation of things

The creation of things from time immemorial spreads the spiritual course,
The variety of forms fills the world for great thousands of miles.
The host of lost beings has long been living in suffering,
All the multitudes of the saints could not make them repent.

At the beginning of time, the Great Lump split,
The entanglement of thousands of kalpas has emanated from the void.
Let the creation of things produce  myriads of changes,
Darkness and immensity behind the Tao and Te invariably was kept.

The  multitude of seasonal change is always coming on,
The three luminaries keep their clear turning.
This is so because the Ninth Heaven Palace sets their course,
Based on it, the fate of the Eight Outskirts is determined.

1 自咏

2 当初学道,凭空鍊己,志冲天、人间无比。

3 放旷山林,次后复、逍遥云水。过夷门、

4 又临秦地。飘蓬十载,游程万里。度关津、

5 崎岖迢递。事事谙来,但悟了、般般总弃。

6 只随缘、布裘芒履。

From these few sentences, it can be seen that the more he practiced, the lazier he became.

Maybe that's why he hasn't broken through

He practiced hard when he was young, and later spent too much time traveling around

I sing about myself

At the beginning of the study of Tao, I selflessly melted myself, by intent I reached Heaven, incomparable among all people. Then I lived in freedom in the mountains and forests, then again went on a journey, free as clouds and streams of water, reached Yimen and the lands of Qin. I was like a tumbleweed for 10 years, traveled myriads of li, crossed outposts and fords, passed through steeps. I welcomed all the difficulties, then realized that I should discard each and every one of them, and just follow the circumstances in a  rough-span  robe and straw shoes.

are you willing to change your practice method?

of course I am willing! my method is not important.  荃者所以在魚,得魚而忘荃;蹄者所以在兔,得兔而忘蹄

你真有心,能夠翻譯出文言文,那我可以用中文跟你溝通嗎?

你可以說一下你原來的練法嗎?我看看要怎麼修改你的練法

You are really caring and can translate classical Chinese, so can I communicate with you in Chinese?

Can you talk about your original training method? Let me see how to modify your practice

你原來的練法是不是單純打坐,呼吸,小周天循環?

Did your original practice method simply meditate, breathe, and MCO?

你是不是氣繞行完畢之後,你就不練了?

Do you stop practicing after you complete the qi circumambulation?

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, awaken said:

so can I communicate with you in Chinese?

yes please do

4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Did your original practice method simply meditate, breathe, and MCO

yes thats what i do 

如果你能看懂中文,我就輕鬆多了,不用在那裡複製貼上,英文也不是我寫的,是我貼在google翻譯轉過去的

你寫你的英文就好,我看不懂的話,我會用google翻譯

你如果要練出二階段陽生,那就要有大幅度的修改,第一,你的陽氣要走到最大的極限,如果你一直在室內坐著繞行小周天,你的陽氣就沒辦法走到最大的極限,如果陽氣沒有到達極限,就沒辦法陽極生陰

第二,你不能走完陽氣就不練了,陽極要生陰,你要讓陰順利產生,陰的產生,剛開始就是恍惚杳冥,說白話一點就是昏沈,剛開始都很昏沉,你一定要練到昏沈

第三,進入昏沈之後,你還是繼續讓昏沈繼續,直到醒來,昏沈到了極點,就會醒來,這就是陰極生陽

你一定要反覆這個陰陽的過程,這樣才有辦法產生二階段陽生

所以你要讓你的陽氣走到極限,我採用的方法就是練自發功,而且一定要在戶外練,而且一定要在氣場好的地方,有大樹,有良好的草地的大公園

這樣當你的陽氣強烈啟動的時候,你的雙腳才有足夠大的空間可以發揮

重點是陽氣一定要到極點,才會產生陰

我們一天有一次的陰陽交替,早上醒來,晚上睡覺

但是練功,會把這個過程縮短為一個時辰,也就是兩個小時

所以當你要陰陽練透,你必須要準備兩個小時的時間長度,不知道你時間夠嗎?

當你開始陰陽練透的時候,你在陰極生陽的霎那,就會開始出現一些非常精細的幾何圖形

你就會知道什麼叫做「空花千古繁。神奇亿万变」

因為每次出現的幾何圖形都會不一樣,而且非常精細神奇,每個當下都在變

你的練習最大的改變就是,你的陽要練到極限,你的陰也要練到極限,當你把陰陽都練到極限,這些曼陀羅花就會在陽生的時候自己出現

你現在沒有出現曼陀羅花,是因為原來的練法,無法把陰陽交替推到極限

陰陽一定要推到極限,才能產生改變的動力

陽如果要推到極限,一定要去戶外練,室內練很難把陽氣推到極限

而且最好的時間是早上,白天

每天把陰陽交替練到極限,持續大約3年,就能夠產生曼陀羅花

Edited by awaken

不知道你時間夠嗎

yes i totally understand what you are saying thanks. I also understand your method. The only issue is the weather, right now it is minus 10 degrees and snowing. it is pretty cold in the park where i live.;)

那這樣你只能在室內練,你得找辦法讓自己陽氣發揮到極點,例如在跑步機上面慢跑一小時

或者找一間比較大的客廳

我以前是把我客廳的傢俱全部丟掉,空出一大片空地,這樣我在客廳也能練

Edited by awaken

23 minutes ago, awaken said:

你是不是氣繞行完畢之後,你就不練了?

Do you stop practicing after you complete the qi circumambulation?

yes i do stop

Sign in to follow this