Shadow_self

Proposed movement of threads

Hi,

Its come to mine (and a few others attention) that the threads in the main forum by the member awaken are basically not threads where discussion is invited or welcomed...the responses to other posters is basically to block or ignore anyone who disagrees with anything, stifle discussion and also, it is becoming bothersome to other members

I would appreciate if the mods would consider relocating these types of threads to the members PPD so that

1. They can actually delete any comments they want,  They will haven even more control of the thread (which is what they clearly want)

2 This kind of hostility and unpleasantness can be kept off the main forum (it is troublesome in more than one way).

There are a few threads like this and they are becoming little more than echo chambers for the member, and flashpoints of hostility

Consider this in light of the forum guidelines

TDBs' Conversational Context:
1. At TDBs member participation in conversation is non-hierarchical.  Meaning, members have equal ability to talk regardless of level of knowledge, achievement, or status / credentials of any kind.  TDBs has an underlying ethic of valuing the communication of each person.

2. TDBs most basic rules about conversation are around civility.

• While TDBs provides room for, encourages, lively, often vigorous and sometimes rough and tumble, debate ... that is balanced by protecting decency and sensitivity towards each other in such a variety of instances that no set of specific rules could ever adequately cover.
  • A moderator's basic role is to moderate members' incivility toward each other in conversation.  
  • Members support this process by 'reporting' offending posts

Im all for people expressing their opinion...I like hearing what others have to say. I would think it would hold that if someone wants to have a discussion, they would post on the main board, and if someone wants to listen to their own voice, they should probably post in a PPD

Would appreciate a bit of clarity around this. Thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Why is this topic listing no longer visible? Could only access via shadow self's profile .

5 minutes ago, C T said:

Why is this topic listing no longer visible? Could only access via shadow self's profile .

It’s still in Forum and Tech Support.

• Thanks 1