FreeToChoose

Hello From Asia

Hello,

I am an American from Sothern California but relocated to Asia 6 or 7 years ago and have lived and done business here in several countries.  Because of the Covid restrictions, I am mostly going back and forth between only Japan and Vietnam now but things are opening up and flights are becoming more available.

I am a Confucian when interacting in society and in business affairs but switch to being a Taoist when on my own time.  My hobbies include fencing, scooter riding, cooking, and Asian cinema.

Glad to meet you all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FreeToChoose said:

… I am a Confucian when interacting in society and in business affairs but switch to being a Taoist when on my own time.  …

Yes, that makes sense. I too use two modes, one for ’doing’ and one for ‘being’ (but mine aren’t Confucianism & Taoism, I do my own thing). Glad to meet you too FreeToChoose. : )  Welcome to the forum. :)

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

Yes, that makes sense. I too use two modes, one for ’doing’ and one for ‘being’ (but mine aren’t Confucianism & Taoism, I do my own thing). Glad to meet you too FreeToChoose. : )  Welcome to the forum. :)

Nice to meet you Cobie.  If I had to call myself anything it would be a Confucian Capitalist.  But Taoism, come to think of it, is something that  I also use in my dealings with society.  More like knowing when to use force and when to not, when to be smart and when to let the other party feel smart, etc.

I live in Asia, too.

I feel you have a very flexible soul
You are very smart
you know what you want

34 minutes ago, awaken said:

I live in Asia, too.

I feel you have a very flexible soul
You are very smart
you know what you want

I will and I can see you write in Cantonese. cool.

3 hours ago, FreeToChoose said:

I will and I can see you write in Cantonese. cool.

厲害喔

現在全世界唯一用原始楷書中文的只剩下台灣和香港

我是台灣

awesome

Now the only people in the world who use original regular script Chinese are Taiwan and Hong Kong

I am in Taiwan

3 hours ago, awaken said:

… original regular script Chinese …

I started out learning the simplified characters but I have switched to the traditional characters, I prefer them. : )

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1