Sign in to follow this  
awaken

Is the thought of ‘the only way’ to be violent?

有人說『正確的路只有一條』這種想法是強迫正確,而且宣稱這樣的思想是暴力

這是很有問題的,用一種世間法的眼光,來看出世間法

出世間法本來就跟世間法不同,用同一種邏輯去看,本身就有很大的問題

出世間法本來就只有唯一的一條途徑

只有找不到路的人,或者無明愚痴的人,才會以為路很多條

Some people say that the idea of "there is only one right way" is forced to be right, and claim that such thinking is violent

This is very problematic, to see the worldly rules with the eyes of the out worldly rules

The out worldly rules are inherently different from the Worldly rules, and when viewed with the same logic, there are huge problems in themselves.

There is only one way of the out worldly rules.

Only people who can't find the way, or stupid and no light people, will think that there are many roads

如果你仍然堅持這樣的思想是一種暴力

你就是指控佛陀的思想是暴力,因為這種話說最多的人就是佛陀

如果在你眼中,佛陀也是暴力份子,那全世界的人在你眼中還有人不是暴力份子嗎?

If you still hold on to the thought it's a form of violence

You are accusing the Buddha's thoughts of being violent, because the person who says it the most is the Buddha

If in your eyes, the Buddha is also a violent person, are there still people in the world who are not violent in your eyes?

讓我們來看看佛陀如何來說這『唯一的道路』

Let's see how the Buddha said the "only way"

Edited by awaken

一乘

one ride

one only road

一佛乘

one Buddhist ride

one only road to become a buddha

https://agama.buddhason.org/SA/SAsearch1.php?str=一乘&path=SA0535.htm

雜阿含535經[正聞本1610經/佛光本534經](阿那律相應/雜因誦/弟子記說)(莊春江標點)

「有一乘道,淨眾生,離憂、悲、惱、苦,得真如法,所謂四念處,何等為四?身身觀念處,受、心、法法觀念處。

There is one only way, clear all the people, away from sadness, sorrow,  anger, suffer, to get real dharma,

that is four attention place

why four

body

feeling

heart

dharma

「比丘們!為了眾生的清淨、為了愁悲的超越、為了苦憂的滅沒、為了方法的獲得、為了涅槃的作證,這是無岔路之道,即:四念住

這是巴利文版本

"Bhikkhus! For the purification of sentient beings, for the transcendence of worrying and sadness, for the cessation of suffering and sorrows, for the acquisition of methods, and for the testimony of Nirvana, this is the unbroken path(=no fork in the road), namely, the four mindfulness-abiding states.

This is the Pali version

Edited by awaken

我搜尋了大藏經

找出超過一萬個提到『一乘』的紀錄

I searched the Tripitaka

Find more than 10,000 records mentioning "One ride"(one only road)

所以佛教是一個暴力的宗教嗎?

So is Buddhism a violent religion?

法華部類 (5863)
華嚴部類 (4951)
新編部類 (3442)
經集部類 (1364)
禪宗部類 (754)
瑜伽部類 (710)
寶積部類 (574)
史傳部類 (536)
事彙部類 (401)
密教部類 (348)
中觀部類 (331)
般若部類 (320)
律部類 (287)
淨土宗部類 (264)
涅槃部類 (263)
敦煌寫本部類 (232)
國圖善本部類 (92)
本緣部類 (76)
論集部類 (68)
大集部類 (51)
阿含部類 (30)
南傳大藏經部類 (29)
毘曇部類 (15)
Edited by awaken

在另外一個關於光的主題,我也張貼了佛陀的第一個學生舍利子的文章

同樣也提到唯一的道路

On another topic on light, I also posted about the sariputra, the first student of the Buddha

Also mentions the only way

「種種、單一」:many kinds, single

欲的意欲為種種;離欲為單一, the intentions of desires are many kinds, the leaving of desires is single

惡意為種種;無惡意為單一, the bad intentions are many kinds, no bad intention is single

惛沈睡眠為種種;光明想為單一, lethargy are many kinds, the state of light is single

掉舉為種種;不散亂為單一, scattered heart are many kinds, no scattered heart is single

疑為種種;法的區別(界定)為單一, to doubt are many kinds,  to distinguish dharma is single

無明為種種;智為單一, no light are many kinds, wisdom is single

不樂為種種;欣悅為單一, not being joyful are many kinds, being joyful is single

諸蓋為種種;初禪為單一  covers are many kinds, the first jahna is single

……(中略)

一切污染為種種;阿羅漢道為單一。 every pollution are many kinds, Arahant Dao is single

這就是我為什麼經常說,只聽氣功假大師吹牛是一件危險的事情

你必須學會自己閱讀經典

否則你根本不知道你被洗腦了什麼錯誤的思想

你用被洗腦的錯誤思想來認定你以為的修行

難道不會得到錯誤的結果嗎?

That's why I always say that it's a dangerous thing to just listen to fake qigong masters bragging

You have to learn to read the classics yourself

Otherwise you have no idea what wrong thoughts you have been brainwashed into

You use your brainwashed wrong thoughts to identify the practice you think

Wouldn't it get wrong results?

你以為佛教是什麼方法都可以

但是當另外一個人看佛經的人告訴你,佛陀經常說『只有一條路』,你就很難接受了,你覺得這個人是很暴力的

因為你已經被洗腦為佛教是什麼都可以的

你根本不知道你的訊息來源是什麼

Do you think Buddhism can be any method?

But when another person who reads Buddhist scriptures tells you that the Buddha often said, "There is only one way", it is difficult for you to accept it, and you think this person is very violent

Because you've been brainwashed into Buddhism that anything is OK

You have no idea what your source of information is

我很少會去注意邪教(邪惡的宗教組織)

對我來說,那根本是正常人不會這麼容易笨到被欺騙的,除非自己腦袋有問題

而且這個問題對我個人來說不存在

因為我對宗教組織沒興趣

我個人也不參加任何宗教組織

但是我發現很多宗教組織就用這種唯一的思想在洗腦信徒

所以我得事先聲明,所謂的『一乘』並非泛指所有的宗教組織

事實上我認為幾乎所有的宗教都是扭曲的

唯一的道路,指的是修行到究竟法的路,只有一條

至於什麼是修行到究竟法的路,這一點就需要另外開一個主題了

I rarely pay attention to cults (evil religious organizations)

To me, that's simply that normal people won't be so foolish enough to be deceived unless they have a problem with their head

And the problem doesn't exist for me personally

Because I'm not interested in religious organizations

I personally do not participate in any religious organization

But I found that many religious organizations use this unique idea to brainwash believers

So I have to state in advance that the so-called "one only road" does not refer to all religious organizations in general

In fact I think almost all religions are distorted

The only way, refers to the way to the ultimate Dharma, there is only one way

As for what is the path to the ultimate Dharma, this requires  another separate topic.

我會想到寫這個,是因為突然看到Netflix有一個紀錄片,是關於某個摩門教派一夫多妻制

當然,這個時代還搞一夫多妻制,而且把很多妻子當成修行,這百分之百就是邪教

所以我趕緊補充這個說法,唯一的道路指的是出世間法,而不是宗教組織拿來洗腦信徒的那套

如果有宗教團體拿這個來洗腦信徒,那百分之百就是邪教

I thought of writing this because I suddenly saw a Netflix documentary about polygamy in a certain Mormon sect

Of course, polygamy is still practiced in this era, and the way of having many wives is regarded as spiritual practices. This is 100% cult.

So I quickly add this statement, the only way refers to the out worldly dharma, not the one used by religious organizations to brainwash believers

If any religious group uses this to brainwash believers, it is 100% cult

我很少會去注意類似摩門教這種一夫多妻制的邪教

或者中東地區的回教

或者印度地區的傳統宗教

這些都不是我會去注意的團體

我大多注意類似一些名門正派

例如,我會注意南傳佛教的帕奧禪師在光的練法上的錯誤

我會注意法鼓山聖嚴法師對禪定認知的錯誤

我會注意搬運法對於丹道認知的錯誤

我會注意宗喀巴對於觀想法修行的錯誤

我會注意六祖壇經對於本性認知的錯誤

I rarely pay attention to polygamous cults like Mormonism

or Islam in the Middle East

or traditional religions in India

These are not groups I would pay attention to

I mostly pay attention to some well-known decent

For example, I will pay attention to the mistakes of the Southern Buddhist Zen Master Pao in the practice of light

I will pay attention to the mistakes of Dharma Drum Mountain Master Shengyan's cognition of meditation

I will pay attention to the mistakes of the transfer method for the cognition of Alchemy

I will pay attention to Tsongkhapa's mistakes in his meditation practice

I will pay attention to the misunderstanding of the Sixth Patriarch's altar scriptures about the Ben-Xin.

我不會去注意那些在我的文化圈當中看起來很明顯就有問題的宗教團體

我會注意那些在我的文化圈當中看起來就是正派的宗教勢力團體的根本經典

I don't pay attention to religious groups that seem obviously problematic in my culture

I will pay attention to the fundamental scriptures of what appears to be a decent religious power group in my cultural circle

Edited by awaken

11 hours ago, awaken said:

… 只聽 … 假大師吹牛是一件危險的事情 …

… it's a dangerous thing to just listen to fake … masters bragging …

:lol::P

11 hours ago, awaken said:

… 你必須學會自己閱讀經典

否則你根本不知道你被洗腦了什麼錯誤的思想 …

… You have to learn to read the classics yourself

Otherwise you have no idea what wrong thoughts you have been brainwashed into …

Yes exactly, that’s why I’m trying to read the DDJ from characters.

13 hours ago, awaken said:

… 你已經被洗腦為佛教 …

… you've been brainwashed into Buddhism …

Count me out, I have little interest in Buddhism. :lol: I’m not knowledgeable enough to qualify as “brainwashed”. :P

Edited by Cobie

佛經已經說得很清楚了,錯誤的路有很多條,現象有很多種,但是真正的道路只有一條

The Buddhist scriptures have made it very clear that there are many wrong paths and many phenomena, but there is only one true path.

很多人都搞不清楚

Many people don't understand

即使佛陀的第一個學生舍利子講得非常具體,證據都擺在眼前,但是沒有修煉的人,只有靠思想的人,還是永遠搞不懂為什麼

Even though Sariputta, the first student of the Buddha, spoke very concretely and the evidence was in front of your eyes, people who did not cultivate, only those who rely on thinking, would never understand why

「種種、單一」:many kinds, single

欲的意欲為種種;離欲為單一, the intentions of desires are many kinds, the leaving of desires is single

惡意為種種;無惡意為單一, the bad intentions are many kinds, no bad intention is single

惛沈睡眠為種種;光明想為單一, lethargy are many kinds, the state of light is single

掉舉為種種;不散亂為單一, scattered heart are many kinds, no scattered heart is single

疑為種種;法的區別(界定)為單一, to doubt are many kinds,  to distinguish dharma is single

無明為種種;智為單一, no light are many kinds, wisdom is single

不樂為種種;欣悅為單一, not being joyful are many kinds, being joyful is single

諸蓋為種種;初禪為單一  covers are many kinds, the first jahna is single

……(中略)

一切污染為種種;阿羅漢道為單一。 every pollution are many kinds, Arahant Dao is single

我還是同樣一句話,如果你搞不清楚我為什麼會這樣說,你想知道為什麼會這樣,你就來跟著我練

I still say the same thing, if you don't understand why I say this, and you want to know why it is like this, come and cultivate with me

如果你只想停在你的思想當中,並且用俗世的邏輯來跟我辯論,你就不用來找我,我也不會想理你

If you just want to stay in your thoughts and argue with me with worldly logic,  don't come to me, and I don't want to talk you

我來這裡的唯一理由,就是為了想要修行的人

The only reason I'm here is for those who want to cultivate.

• Haha 1

Awaken, something I hope you might like, from my last post on my own blog:

A central theme of Gautama’s teaching was the cessation of “determinate thought” (AN III 414) in action, meaning the cessation of the exercise of will or volition in action.  A cessation of the exercise of will could be attained, said Gautama, through the induction of various successive states of concentration. As to the initial induction of concentration, Gautama declared that “making self-surrender the object of thought, one lays hold of concentration, one lays hold of one-pointedness of mind”.

I begin with making the surrender of volition in activity related to the movement of breath the object of thought.  For me, that necessitates thought applied and sustained with regard to relaxation of the activity of the body, with regard to the exercise of calm in the stretch of ligaments, with regard to the detachment of mind, and with regard to the presence of mind.  I find that a presence of mind from one breath to the next can precipitate “one-pointedness of mind”, but laying hold of “one-pointedness of mind” requires a surrender of willful activity in the body much like falling asleep.

It’s possible to experience “one-pointedness of mind” and the movement of “one-pointed” mind in the body without experiencing a freedom of that movement in full.  I’ve written about the analogies Gautama provided for the cultivation of “one-pointedness of mind” (The Early Record), and I would say that it’s only in the concentration where the body is suffused with “purity by the pureness of (one’s) mind” that the mind really moves freely. Gautama pointed out that with that concentration, “determinate thought” in action of the body ceases, in particular volition that affects the movement of inhalation or exhalation ceases.

(Response to "Not the Wind, Not the Flag")

"... thought applied and sustained with regard to relaxation of the activity of the body, with regard to the exercise of calm in the stretch of ligaments, with regard to the detachment of mind, and with regard to the presence of mind"--this is my immediate experience of the four fields that Gautama pointed to on his deathbed, which you've mentioned:

Therefore… be ye lamps unto yourselves. Be ye a refuge unto yourselves. Betake yourselves to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth as a lamp. Hold fast as a refuge to the Truth. Look not for refuge to any one besides yourselves. And how… is (one) to be a lamp unto (oneself), a refuge unto (oneself), betaking (oneself) to no external refuge, holding fast to the Truth as a lamp, holding fast as a refuge to the Truth, looking not for refuge to any one besides (oneself)?

Herein, … (one) continues, as to the body, so to look upon the body that (one) remains strenuous, self-possessed, and mindful, having overcome both the hankering and the dejection common in the world. As to feelings… moods… ideas, (one) continues so to look upon each that (one) remains strenuous, self-possessed, and mindful, having overcome both the hankering and the dejection common in the world.

(Digha Nikaya ii 100, Pali Text Society DN Vol. II pg 108; Rhys Davids’ “body, feelings, moods, and ideas”, above, rendered by Horner as “body, feelings, mind, and mental states”)

Whether we are all agreed that the cessation of volition or will in action of speech, body, and mind is the practice of Buddhism remains to be seen, I guess.  

Sign in to follow this