LeoDaoTao

Return to the Way

Hello Fellow Dao Bums!

I'm glad I found this group and that I was encouraged to introduce myself against my "forum lurker" nature. I've explored the Dao and mindfulness in various forms on and off for over a decade. Getting older though and I feel like it's time to immerse myself in the Dao more systematically rather than occasionally. I don't have a whole lot of experience. I've studied Tao Te Ching. I practiced Snake Style (Ip Tai Tak) Tai Chi for a few years. I'm an acupuncture student, currently on an extended leave of absence. Just started exploring Xing Yi Nei Gong, which is what brought me to this forum. Eventually, I plan on practicing Xing Yi Chuan, however, I have not been able to figure out how to do it remotely with so few experienced practitioners. I live in rural Northern Idaho and there just are no instructors in any of the internal arts available in a very large radius.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all. 

Leo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeoDaoTao said:

… exploring Xing Yi Nei Gong, which is what brought me to this forum. Eventually, I plan on practicing Xing Yi Chuan …

Welcome to the forum. :) Seems to me you are very modest, as seems to me you have a lot of experience. Wishing you success with your exploring and practicing. : )

Edited by Cobie

10 hours ago, Cobie said:

Welcome to the forum. :) Seems to me you are very modest, as seems to me you have a lot of experience. Wishing you success with your exploring and practicing. : )

Thank you, Cobie, for the warm welcome.  My knowledge is only surface deep; however, I hope to systematically deepen it as time goes by. Setting up a plan and sticking to it has always been a challenge for me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeoDaoTao said:

… Setting up a plan and sticking to it has always been a challenge for me.  

Yes, a bit the same here. :lol: I like to call it a Daoist ‘going with the flow’. :P

• Like 1