Sign in to follow this  
Iliketurtles

The Expanse (It's Good...)

I loved game of thrones up to season 5... but I think the expanse might be better.

Ty Frank one of the authors was GRRMs personal assistant, and this series reminds me very much of game of thrones, but in space ships. 

Game Of Thones is like The Flintstones, and The Expanse is like The Jetsons.

The TV series on Amazon is ok, but the audiobooks narrated by Jefferson Mays are much better imho. 

Mays does a phenomenal job and has voices for each character. 

Anyway if you like GOT, check out the expanse. 

It's good.

edit: a word of caution is that the series starts off very slow, and you really need to get into season 2 before it picks up, by season 3 it's just insane. also the audiobooks are much better than the tv series imho.

Edited by Iliketurtles

Just finished watching S6 of The Expanse. Loved it. I thought it could have been a lot better though.

Wasn’t a fan of Naomi, way too wish washy and over emotional and weak. Amos and Bobby were more to my taste, gritty and pragmatic, no nonsense go getters.

Anyhow, as I say, it’s very entertaining, and I enjoyed the protomolecule and alien life form themes. Think it had potential to be legendary, but, I don’t know what it was, just feel it fell a little short of its potential somehow. Would deffo recommend it still.

Kinda sad it’s all over, only 6 episodes on S6, and no more seasons?

Edited by cosmic4z

14 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

Just finished watching S6 of The Expanse. Loved it. I thought it could have been a lot better though.

Wasn’t a fan of Naomi, way too wish washy and over emotional and weak. Amos and Bobby were more to my taste, gritty and pragmatic, no nonsense go getters.

Anyhow, as I say, it’s very entertaining, and I enjoyed the protomolecule and alien life form themes. Think it had potential to be legendary, but, I don’t know what it was, just feel it fell a little short of its potential somehow. Would deffo recommend it still.

The audiobooks are way better! 

The epilogue at the end of the last book was very very very good. 

Sins of our fathers is a mini novella about 60 pages or so and set after the last book, coming out in march. 

That will be the end of it, but the authors are working on a new story in a different universe  coming out in the next few years. 

33 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

So it looks like the TV series stops at the book Babylon's Ashes...

There are 3 books and one final novella left :)

Persepolis Rising (2017)
Tiamat's Wrath (2019)
Leviathan Falls (2021)

"The Sins of Our Fathers"   (coming March 15th 2022)

Go check out the audiobooks, you won't be disappointed. 

Edited by Iliketurtles

Thank you Iliketurtles! May check out audiobook at some point.

Would be great if they made a video game of The Expanse, imagine it could well happen. My understanding was that that was the original intent, scripting a universe for a video game.

I liked it too... though I think the acting in game of thrones was better.

I like the idea travelling inside the solar system... though I did not know that the books do not believe that human nature will change.

or would change.

I liked Star Trek... there were better characters there. at least used to.

15 hours ago, centertime said:

I liked it too... though I think the acting in game of thrones was better.

I like the idea travelling inside the solar system... though I did not know that the books do not believe that human nature will change.

or would change.

I liked Star Trek... there were better characters there. at least used to.

To be honest the first season is very slow, and the acting in the TV series is not the greatest. 

The audiobooks however are really good imho.

Sign in to follow this