Sign in to follow this  
kingfred

Stories of Integrity

Could anybody name a few books or stories about people that are models of integrity? I'm just looking to read about some pure people to inspire myself towards goodness. thanks

Edited by kingfred

Could anybody name a few books or stories about people that are models of integrity? I'm just looking to read about some pure people to inspire myself towards goodness.

Google Ramalinga Swamigal. Seems to have been a pretty "pure" guy. Ananda would say the very concept of pure is a dualistic one, " you must see the pure in the impure, and the impure in the pure." Why did Trailanga Swami worship God with his own excrement. Excrement is filthy and repungant to most, yet to him he could not tell the difference in his non-dual state, and offered it to God instead of fruit and flowers.

Edited by Xienkula1

Just picked up 'Tying Rocks to Clouds-Meetings & Conversations w/ Wise and Spiritual People' by William Elliott. A depressed guy traveling the world finding his purpose in asking the same questions to wise and spiritual people. Like Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa (it was written in '95) Stephen Levine, Jack Kornfield, Swami Satchchidananda, Ram Dass, about 22 people in all.

He asks them about there core beliefs and practices, life, death.

Michael

In my university, the books that are most often stolen at the library are books on ethics.

In Oslo, all the druggies group together outside the central station, so much that they block pedestrians from crossing the adjacent street. But when I arrive with my son and my trolley, they all shout for people to make room, and the entire crowd part like Moses parts the sea.

h

Sign in to follow this