Sign in to follow this  
Takingcharge

SHILAJIT

Ive been using about a match stick tip of shilajit resin a day,  What are the downsides to shilajit?

In ayurveda if im correct its considered rasanyana,  and is supposed to be used after all pathogen are cleared and person is healed.

im not in tiptop health at all, i sleep horribly due to a condition. im trying to

improvr sleep since its so crucial. And hopefully retank my energy

I have been using shilajeet to hopefullyy assist in giving my body and bodily  processes support to run better in this current situation, since its full of humic n fulvic acid and minerals. It should be very good 

or wouldnt it?

23 minutes ago, Takingcharge said:

Ive been using about a match stick tip of shilajit resin a day,  What are the downsides to shilajit?

In ayurveda if im correct its considered rasanyana,  and is supposed to be used after all pathogen are cleared and person is healed.

im not in tiptop health at all, i sleep horribly due to a condition. im trying to

improvr sleep since its so crucial. And hopefully retank my energy

I have been using shilajeet to hopefullyy assist in giving my body and bodily  processes support to run better in this current situation, since its full of humic n fulvic acid and minerals. It should be very good 

or wouldnt it?

I'm very familiar with it.  Its primary area of application where it truly shows what it can do is in healing broken bones.  Also all kinds of joint problems -- arthritis, assorted inflammations of the bone/cartilage, things like that.  For everything else, it is a supplement that might contribute to overall health by supplying what tends to be deficient in our diets (it has half the periodic table in its composition), and it is indeed useful when recovering after an illness.  It doesn't generally help with sleep -- on the contrary, you are not supposed to take it in the second part of the day because it is a mild "upper"/energizer and may disrupt sleep in some people. 

The dose is about the size of a grain of rice (or two if you're dealing with a broken bone), three times a day, dissolved in a spoonful of milk.  Back off and decrease the dose if you have any signs of mental over-excitation.  (This is rare and has been reported only in cases where people take it for a very long time.)     

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

it is a supplement that might contribute to overall health by supplying what tends to be deficient in our diets (it has half the periodic table in its composition), and it is indeed useful when recovering after an illness.  It doesn't generally help with sleep --

yeah i didnt expect it to help with actual sleep, more Help deal help w all the inflammation from all that poor  functioning and stress on my body. maybe help heal ligament tissue where needed and supply important minerals.

so thats pretty on point.

i was worried more that it might deplete, since my adrenals are tanking or im

low on kidney chi. 
i was worried that might be why  you traditionally dont use it during the health crisis but after its corrected.  To then help rejuvenate

i use it 4 days on 3 days off

or 7 on then 5 off, because its probably not smart to use it without consistent spaces of breaktime.

what are youre toughts on this?

i think it may actually be making me tired. I think there may be a baseline energy  requirement before using it.   
or i might be experiencing herxing reactions / detox reactions from what its doing in my body.

Il see what happens when i doNt take it tomorrow

Edited by Takingcharge

Sign in to follow this