Hello Bums,
Is there any awareness in the group about a daoist specific set for bo-staff/staff work? I found Pak Mei Southern Staff Style (Willy Pang) and the question formed - is there a Daoist specific staff form...?

Any awareness/advice signposting would be appreciated.
Well wishes to all,

TH.

17 hours ago, Sketch said:

https://www.hsing-i.com/weaponry#:~:text=XingYi Staff (Guen) - This,multitude of unique tactical applications.

I'm answering your question as if "Daoist" and "Internal Martial Arts " were interchangeable terms. This page might point you towards something that would be of use to you though.

Hey, thank you Sketch, I appreciate your help and the link. 

• Like 1

I’m learning the later style of Gao baguazhang which comes with a staff version of all the linear forms.  I’m kind of again assuming internal martial arts is synonymous with Daoist, but if it helps, all the Gao lineage holders had to be initiated into a Daoist lineage.  You could probably find some sort of “Wudang staff” forms floating around but you might want to check the lineage to make sure it wasn’t made up to cash in on martial arts tourism.  That being said there’s no reason an accomplished martial artist couldn’t come up with their own staff form using Daoist/internal principles today, like Gao did less than 200 years ago.

E:  there are other non-Gao bagua staff forms as well, but I don’t know specifics.

Edited by KingSven
  • Like 3

Taijiquan, xingyiquan, and baguazhang all include training in staff or spear.

Here is an example of xingyiquan -

• Like 3