Shanmugam

George Gurdjieff's Fourth Way | Biography, Teachings and Quotes of Gurdjieff

“I ask you to believe nothing that you cannot verify for yourself.” ― G.I. Gurdjieff, Views from the Real World: Early Talks Moscow Essentuki Tiflis Berlin London Paris NY Chicago as Recollecte.

George Gurdjieff was a Russian Mystic and spiritual teacher. Gurdjieff called his method the Fourth Way. Osho spoke about him a lot in his speeches. In this video I have given his brief biography, and have talked about his quotes, methods, teachings, controversies and negative criticism.

Btw, Mr. G. admitted his general mess ups before his passing.  Note: for a long time he walked around saying this or that people did not have souls which was an egotistical and serious spiritual  blindness of his being that all being beings including countless millions or billions of people have a place under the sun and could not or would not exist without a measure of "soul" and or lifeforce from the Source.

50 minutes ago, old3bob said:

Btw, Mr. G. admitted his general mess ups before his passing.  Note: for a long time he walked around saying this or that people did not have souls which was an egotistical and serious spiritual  blindness of his being that all being beings including countless millions or billions of people have a place under the sun and could not or would not exist without a measure of "soul" and or lifeforce from the Source.

Interesting.. Can you give me a source where I can read about his admissions on what he messed up?

I could but I don't know when...being that I haven't dug into my collection of 4th way materials for  decades.  Anyway If
I remember correctly  it was in one of his last conversation's with Mr. O. .  Btw, I find many of the "fragments", related teachings and practitioner's to be  uniquely informative and potentially helpful although anyone getting into those materials or some of it spun off schools should be "buyer beware".   (per there being some 1st hand accounts of certain "4th way" groups going downhill fast per what the "law of seven" says to me of the possibility going downhill)

Edited by old3bob

On 4/14/2021 at 5:36 AM, Shanmugam said:

“I ask you to believe nothing that you cannot verify for yourself.” ― G.I. Gurdjieff, Views from the Real World: Early Talks Moscow Essentuki Tiflis Berlin London Paris NY Chicago as Recollecte.

George Gurdjieff was a Russian Mystic and spiritual teacher. Gurdjieff called his method the Fourth Way. Osho spoke about him a lot in his speeches. In this video I have given his brief biography, and have talked about his quotes, methods, teachings, controversies and negative criticism.

Sounds to me like you hit on many of the major lines or concepts, but there is so much more that I'd say takes time and study of first hand accounts of certain goings on ... (btw. it also sounds like you have not really studied the life of Osho, the fallen,  pied piper "black magician" per Mr. G's  definition of the term; since you brought Osho's name) 

Btw, multiple indicators are strong that Mr. G was not enlightened along the lines  of the "Self" which the Upanishads and many other teachings of Santana Dharma point towards, and which can be prepared for by using methods although can not gained or evolved into no matter how "sly" a person or their methods may be may be; which I bring up since you are pictured wearing the mark of a Hindu.  (Note: it does seem obvious that Mr. G. developed himself quite a powerful astral personality, including powers of "darkness" like being able to kill a strong yak animal with his mind alone,  which he said he later gave up and also his times of mercilessness tearing down of people and apparently leaving them adrift in chaos instead of with Dharma, including Sanatana Dharma which as you very likely know is not founded by any human being as most other religions or ways are)

Edited by old3bob

On 4/14/2021 at 5:41 AM, old3bob said:

How would you define a "soul" or "life force"? Would they be one and the same? I am no adherent of Gurdjieffs,  but I would agree with him on this point. I am entirely convinced that both of these are merely conceptual constructs.

21 hours ago, stirling said:

How would you define a "soul" or "life force"? Would they be one and the same? I am no adherent of Gurdjieffs,  but I would agree with him on this point. I am entirely convinced that both of these are merely conceptual constructs.

without water for 5-7 days and most of us would be goners, 3-5 minutes without air and most of us would be goners, 1 second without the lifeforce and we are goners in this world,  but I don't recommend trying any of those proofs.  (beyond concepts)  Granted a person could be in a coma with hardly any signs of life yet there would would still be some connection with soul and lifeforce being that the silver cord has not been severed.

Edited by old3bob

On 4/15/2021 at 5:57 PM, old3bob said:

I could but I don't know when...being that I haven't dug into my collection of 4th way materials for  decades.  Anyway If
I remember correctly  it was in one of his last conversation's with Mr. O. .  Btw, I find many of the "fragments", related teachings and practitioner's to be  uniquely informative and potentially helpful although anyone getting into those materials or some of it spun off schools should be "buyer beware".   (per there being some 1st hand accounts of certain "4th way" groups going downhill fast per what the "law of seven" says to me of the possibility going downhill)

On 4/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, old3bob said:

Sounds to me like you hit on many of the major lines or concepts, but there is so much more that I'd say takes time and study of first hand accounts of certain goings on ... (btw. it also sounds like you have not really studied the life of Osho, the fallen,  pied piper "black magician" per Mr. G's  definition of the term; since you brought Osho's name) 

Btw, multiple indicators are strong that Mr. G was not enlightened along the lines  of the "Self" which the Upanishads and many other teachings of Santana Dharma point towards, and which can be prepared for by using methods although can not gained or evolved into no matter how "sly" a person or their methods may be may be; which I bring up since you are pictured wearing the mark of a Hindu.  (Note: it does seem obvious that Mr. G. developed himself quite a powerful astral personality, including powers of "darkness" like being able to kill a strong yak animal with his mind alone,  which he said he later gave up and also his times of mercilessness tearing down of people and apparently leaving them adrift in chaos instead of with Dharma, including Sanatana Dharma which as you very likely know is not founded by any human being as most other religions or ways are)

Interesting.. Thanks for sharing..