Sign in to follow this  
Iliketurtles

The Sad Reality Of This Word (Ft George Carlin)

George was not just a comedian, to me he was a social commentarian... with amazing timing and unmatched delivery.  His scenarios often remind me of some of the translations of Chuang Tzu I've read.  Social commentary, with enough humor to help it go down a little easier.  

I miss him and his insights. 

What he shares in this particular segment is from his final set in which I found him to no longer be even attempting to make it funny, because it isn't.  It's some bitter harsh tea, but also some good medicine... to me anyway. 

"Willfully ignorant... It's called the american dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."  boom

Nice intro by Alan Watts too.  Good piece, thank you for sharing. 

Very timely.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, silent thunder said:

George was not just a comedian, to me he was a social commentarian... with amazing timing and unmatched delivery.  His scenarios often remind me of some of the translations of Chuang Tzu I've read.  Social commentary, with enough humor to help it go down a little easier.  

I miss him and his insights. 

What he shares in this particular segment is from his final set in which I found him to no longer be even attempting to make it funny, because it isn't.  It's some bitter harsh tea, but also some good medicine... to me anyway. 

"Willfully ignorant... It's called the american dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."  boom

Nice intro by Alan Watts too.  Good piece, thank you for sharing. 

Very timely.

I miss him and his insights as well. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

Whatever ....  and badly titled .    YOU might not have a choice .  I chose another choice, and it worked.

How about some turtles instead ?   These ones  ( Myuchelys georgesi  )   are a local rarity and only in the river that runs through the land I live on  ( that 'Big Brother' DOES NOT own  .....   I know ! I proved it in the Supreme Court -  so there  !   :P  )

11141756-3x2-xlarge.jpg?v=2     

Bellinger_River_turtle_01_Taronga_2020-0

190110-turtle-full-1440x810.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this