Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

power of ahhh

Following Osho's lead, I'm exploring the "ahh" sound on exhalation with meditation, exercise, and sexuality--mostly subvocally.

Aside from being relaxing, a natural sound of pleasure, the heart sound, driver of the keysound, etc. it encourages the body exhale more fully which is a pillar of Osho's philosophy and practice.

Osho agrees with Sonnon's exercise philosophy that focusing on fuller exhalation greatly increases endurance, strength, and so on by reducing craving/tension in the nervous system.

From the mantra perspective, it is simple and natural enough that it seems to drop away or minimize after it has done its job.

Osho says that any word that ends with "aahh" works like "allah" or just plain ole ah.

-Yoda

In Ki-Aikido, there is the Long breathing technique. You sit w/ the group in formal seiza. The leader claps, everybody breaths out -for a long time- about 25 to 30 seconds. As you breath out the body shifts slightly forward and you vocalize a long Haaahhhh. Then another clap - and you breath in through the nose - for about 25 or so seconds. Slightly moving your body up.

The full breath cycle is close to a minute. With an audible Hhaaaahhh sound on exhaling. It took me months to get.

Peace

Michael

Michael,

Funny you should bring that practice to mind--I had a dream about my childhood dog, Toby, and his death last night. I loved him dearly and that practice that you just described carried me through all that.

That happened before I believed in a non-physical realm so the dream revisited his death with me being much more calm about the whole thing, knowing that we'd be pals forever.

I did the practice for several months and it was very fortifying and strengthening and I was quite fanatical about it too. Felt like a samurai gathering strength to avenge his death even though enemy was old age. I knew what I was doing didn't make sense. When forgetfulness drifted in, I ditched the practice.

-Yoda

Sign in to follow this