Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

The study of Qabalah

The Tree of Life is a wonderful glyph, and with it, one can adjust their point of view on all aspects of life.  I really don't think enough can be said about this subject, but I wanted to put down some of my thoughts on my study.

Its interesting to note that victory is a Sephiroth (major theme) of Qabalah.  Much of life is a contest, something I avoided admitting prior to my initiation.  Another thing that I have had struggles with is that Mercy/Love/ and kindness is not the prime ideal.  Not everyone deserves active kindness, mercy is reserved for those in power, and should be used when the demands of Mercy are met.  I used to say "I can love anyone", but I now see that not only are there varying depths of love, that no- I cannot love everyone, though I can give everyone good will.  Giving everyone good will, or the benefit of the doubt, is kind, but it is not an active kindness, such as buying someone lunch, or inviting them to your house.  Kindness is a special power that should be used wisely as you wield your strength, and your strength in understanding to whom and when to be merciful.  This caused me a lot of trouble in my youth, and I wish I had been more discerning.  Beauty is at the heart of the Tree, but the beauty that it refers to is the ones that know Law, and know their strength, understand when to fight and when to enjoy winning, and when to grant the mercy of love and kindness.

A central theme of the Tee of Life . . . .  in practice , is balance .

regarding your theme above ;

"

Remember that unbalanced force is evil; that unbalanced severity is but cruelty and oppression; but that also unbalanced mercy is but weakness which would allow and abet Evil "

Sign in to follow this