hierundjetzt

releasing the diaghragm

Hi! Some months ago I had a normal cold and on several occasions I had to sneeze very hard, where I got a sudden pain in the diaphragm area. Each time it took around 3-4 days for the pain tu subside. But since then my diapraghm/stomach area is under tension. I have trouble breathing. In fact, I have developed shortness of breath 24/7 and also airway/acid reflux (which I never had before). I am sure my symptoms are all connected to a contorted diaphragm. I went to two different osteopath/chiropracters and they both confirmed that my diaphragm/stomach area are contorted. In fact they said that the stomach was completed twisted. They did some treatment but it hasn't resolved it. I think after a short period period after the treatments the the whole stomach got stuck again. Although I have to say that after the treatments I did not feel much better, so I don't know how much they were able to release the diaphragm from the tension.

Does anybody know of any self-treatment I could try to release my diaphragm? The whole shortness of breath/airway reflux is ruining my life, but I don't know how to go ahead and solve this. I looked at some Youtube videos for releasing the diaphragm, but they did not seem to work for me.

Thanks, any suggestion would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, hierundjetzt said:

Hi! Some months ago I had a normal cold and on several occasions I had to sneeze very hard, where I got a sudden pain in the diaphragm area. Each time it took around 3-4 days for the pain tu subside. But since then my diapraghm/stomach area is under tension. I have trouble breathing. In fact, I have developed shortness of breath 24/7 and also airway/acid reflux (which I never had before). I am sure my symptoms are all connected to a contorted diaphragm. I went to two different osteopath/chiropracters and they both confirmed that my diaphragm/stomach area are contorted. In fact they said that the stomach was completed twisted. They did some treatment but it hasn't resolved it. I think after a short period period after the treatments the the whole stomach got stuck again. Although I have to say that after the treatments I did not feel much better, so I don't know how much they were able to release the diaphragm from the tension.

Does anybody know of any self-treatment I could try to release my diaphragm? The whole shortness of breath/airway reflux is ruining my life, but I don't know how to go ahead and solve this. I looked at some Youtube videos for releasing the diaphragm, but they did not seem to work for me.

Thanks, any suggestion would be appreciated!

I think you should first go to a doctor to see if you have a diaphragm tear or rupture (or any other similar condition).

If you haven't it may just be tension in which case some gentle breathing exercises might release it.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

I don't think it's a tear since I have been last year to a chiropractor as well as an osteopath,  and I think they would have said something about a tear.

Yes, breathing exercises are probably the way to go.

50 minutes ago, hierundjetzt said:

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

I don't think it's a tear since I have been last year to a chiropractor as well as an osteopath,  and I think they would have said something about a tear.

Yes, breathing exercises are probably the way to go.

I know that a lot of spiritual/emotional tension can be stored around the solar plexus.  How's you back?  Do you carry a lot of tension?  You might try therapeutic massage - but in my view stear clear of both chiropracters and osteopaths. :)

• Like 1