After reading a number of books over the last couple of years I came to a new point of view in which I ask what we actually are.

Premises:

We are the vehicle of reproducing DNA (like all living organism0

We also seem to be a vehicle of spreading memes (little bits of information that that bundle into bigger clusters to form ideologies, culture,...)

We are also not our thoughts

We have an ego that is not our true self

After struggles with this and the concept of soul (in the sense of our eternal self)  I become more and more convinced that the whole universe is an organic matrix and everything are just patterns (whether amino acids or thoughts and memes) that spread in the form of entropy.

It seems that our true selves are buried beneath it all and it takes a lot of work and uncovering to find oneself under all this conditioning.

I'm sorry if I'm not more clear but it is hard to but the insights I got into words. We do not seem to have the right language and some of the concepts border and go beyond what the rational mind can conjure.

In the end we don't need to explain what we are, but more how to live with the insight of what we are instead of living based on the will of DNA and memes.

• Like 1