TomBrad

Bruce Kumar Frantzis new book: Heaven and Earth Qigong

Hi,

Has anybody read Bruce Frantzis's new book?  It's "Heaven and Earth Qigong Volume One: Heal Your Body and Awaken Your Chi".

It only seems to be available as a Kindle book on Amazon.co.uk so far.

• Like 1

I've begun the video course, I believe it is his student Paul cavel who wrote this as it is him delivering the video course. I can only speak for the course in that he gets straight to the point and goes over the very simple practice over and over until you get the more subtle points, eg. How you breath, how you rock your feet, how to move qi through the spine. My experience is that a video course is much better than a book and a book doesn't really do so much as just a reference guide for the video or a real life teacher. I can't really comment in the effect the qigong practice has had on me either as I haven't felt much apart from a calmness and sense of expanding qi but I haven't gone too deep into it yet.

• Like 2

The original DVD of BKF Heaven and Earth, like all of his original DVDs ... is excellent.  I found this once second hand on Ebay.  Magnificient.  It goes into all the advanced concepts including opening/closing, cavities in the body, the orbits, different advanced breathing and many things.  With a huge amount of demonstration.  It is very grainy probably done on VHS originally.

Likewise the original DVDs for Dragon & Tiger and books that I bought when they were on sale, the highest most intelligent and well demonstrated and well educated things I have ever seen.

I cannot quarrel with someone who needs to pay the bills, but I do notice that it has changed things in Energy Arts.  One particular thing that I notice is that the materials have got longer and longer and longer and longer ... which is not of benefit to the student.  The original material was concise complete and direct.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2020 at 8:41 AM, HaRaMaRaHa said:

I believe it is his student Paul cavel who wrote this..

This is correct. It has Bruce's name on it as a stamp of approval, but it is Paul's book, following Pauls way of explaining things. All the senior students have their own ways of leading people through the neigong, as does Bruce.

On 20/02/2020 at 12:51 PM, rideforever said:

The original DVD of BKF Heaven and Earth, like all of his original DVDs ... is excellent.

I like the original H&E Dvd as well. Though there are some issues with it. In the same way that Bruce goes into the advanced version rather than the usual foundational version of cloud hands on the Energy Gates Dvd. In the H&E Dvd he doesn't explain/teach the initial circulation for the large cycle, he goes straight into a more advanced version.
I still think it gives a great introduction, and overview for layers of the practice that many will get a lot from. All in a relatively inexpensive package.

Best,

• Like 1