Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Shared Meditation Journal

Shared Meditation Journal- for encouragement and fellowship.

Write about your meditation.  What you did, how it felt, preparation.. cool down, time spent  or However you'd like to journal it. 

Not looking for much discussion or critiquing on the thread,  certainly no critical comments.  Just people sharing there experience. 

Edited by thelerner

Just now, thelerner said:

Shared Meditation Journal.

Write about your meditation.  What you did, how it felt, preparation.. cool down, time spent  or However you'd like to journal it. 

Not looking for much discussion or critiquing on the thread,  certainly no critical comments.  Just people sharing there experience.

Yesterday I had a so so session.

Set a timer for 30 minutes.  Did my usual meditation, starting with concentration/breathing center of head, then down and circular  from head to hara, then heart to hara, then just at hara then breathing silently, lastly letting it all go, just sitting there.

It felt fine, but I ended it after 23 minutes.  I thought the time was up.  Sometimes 30 minutes feels short, often I've timed it perfectly but yesterday it was short.   Maybe that agitation stayed w/ me cause I didn't sleep well last night.  Why?  either late night Sudoku (level 4) keeping me up or I wanted it too bad.  Set up a self awareness loop I couldn't break out of. 

• Like 1

I watch movies late at night. So, I go to bed very late and woke up with braintire. Sometime in the afternoon, I sat at a semi lotus position and closed my eyes. Taken Taoist breathing, like slow deep breathing, for 15 to 20 minutes in a trancelike state. Then, I felt like I was rejunvenated and replenished. As a mater of fact, sometimes, I have to meditate before conducting a Tai Chi class.

Edited by ReturnDragon
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this