Cosmic Soldier

Eric Isen consultation

I am going to contact Eric Isen and book a consultation with him.

I go from one qigong system to another and I'd like to stick with one if possible.

I was going to give a list of systems that I'm interested in, and at the same time be open to any different suggestions he makes.

How much information does he need?

If its online lessons, would the url help. If its DVD's would the name of the DVD's help.?

So for example if it was Flying Phoenix, would I list FP or would I list the DVD's (Vol1, 2 and 5)?

If it was Zhineng Qigong, would I list Zhineng or do do I need to list the specific schools ie Wisdom Healing, Chilel etc?

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Soldier said:

I am going to contact Eric Isen and book a consultation with him.

I go from one qigong system to another and I'd like to stick with one if possible.

I was going to give a list of systems that I'm interested in, and at the same time be open to any different suggestions he makes.

How much information does he need?

If its online lessons, would the url help. If its DVD's would the name of the DVD's help.?

So for example if it was Flying Phoenix, would I list FP or would I list the DVD's (Vol1, 2 and 5)?

If it was Zhineng Qigong, would I list Zhineng or do do I need to list the specific schools ie Wisdom Healing, Chilel etc?

just the name. 

• Thanks 1

Asking questions with Eric can be interesting, but above all getting clairvoyant answers might not help you as much you hope. Your current wisdom is the limiting factor for how much you will be able to gain benefit from any clairvoyant consultation. Also, any answers will only reflect your current health and karma.

You can be as specific as you want: the results will then reflect particular exercises over complete systems or what a school may be able to offer you.

You may also ask Eric about your optimal diet and different housing options if you are searching for new apartment, for example. His clairvoyance sees what energetic changes you might face with your life style choices.

Overall it's interesting to do self-inquiry with mystic backing, but ask yourself if it's absolutely necessary for your wisdom and wellbeing. It might be more helpful to feel deeply in your heart what you actually like doing and just stick with it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You didn't ask for opinions, but I hope you don't mind me giving mine anyway.

Make a detailed list about when and how you would like to practice, and what kind of outcomes you would like to have.

How much you have free time and when and in which circumstances of the day would you practice the best?

Would you like relaxed practices or intensive physical routines?

Are you seeking for martial, healing, or spiritual development first and foremost?

When you reflect on these and present your preferences, then the good people on this forum might be able to give good suggestions if you are still searching for something new.

Edited by virtue
duplicate words
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your input. 

I know that ideally I would prefer to practice between 20-30 minutes once or twice a day. I prefer relaxed and healing practices. 

The systems I was going to run by Eric are all systems I like practicing. The trouble is I do jump from one to another, and I'd rather not mix forms.  I'm looking for help in choosing a practice I will commit to for the first 3 months of 2020. So my consultation with Eric would be for (as you wrote in your first post) the mystical backing.

You might want to consult other people in a separate thread that attracts more attention with more fitting topic name.

By the amount of time you are willing to invest, I would say that Fragrant Qigong, Flying Phoenix, and Pangu Mystical Qigong are three good choices.

Many people praise Fragrant, but it's very incompatible with other styles. Flying Phoenix would develop your own healing capability as you progress, but you might find some of its stance training a bit demanding to begin with (although there are also sitting practices). Pangu is very easy to practice I have read.

All of them can be done within 20-30 minutes, but FP is something that becomes much stronger if you commit more time with it. Fragrant Qigong has guidelines to limit practice duration as not to cause energetic overload, so it's naturally kept short as you might like.

Fragrant and Pangu are very simple. Flying Phoenix is a sprawling system with over two dozen meditations.

I will mention that there are yogic methods for different hours of the day. Have you heard of sleeping meditation before? Sleeping practices are as healing and relaxing as you might imagine, but they also become very spiritual early on.

Edited by virtue
more thoughts on styles
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, virtue said:

By the amount of time you are willing to invest, I would say that Fragrant Qigong, Flying Phoenix, and Pangu Mystical Qigong are three good choices.

All of these are on my list, and I like all of them.

I learned Fragrant Qigong with John Dolic's DVD's and had some interesting email correspondence with him.

Pangu Shengong I learned the Moving and Non Moving forms with their correspondence course.

I've dabbled with Flying Phoenix. I'm also aware that if I go with FP. Then realistically I would expect to build it up to 40m twice a day.

I've heard of sleeping qigong and I have no experience with it.

Over the years I have practiced many systems. Hopping from one to another and never really settling on one for a large amount of time. After reading posts on this forum mentioning Eric,  I wanted to see if he could  diagnose a good system for me to  practice. 

I had the strangest problem for a long time that I was living too much in my head. Not feeling with my heart and not allowing the heart make natural choices nor intuitive discernment.

The end result was that I was deferring a portion of my free will and commitments over concerns of "getting everything just right" in some vague intellectually satisfying manner. I was expecting the help of others provide me wisdom, but the real wisdom only started to dawn on me when I accepted my own complete independence: no one can ultimately make the choices for me, but their help can only help me to tune into the meaningful psychological and yogic motivations that I hadn't acknowledged fully yet -- and even then I had to use my heart to affirm confidence and commitment to what I find likable.

Every authentic traditional system is fundamentally good and will bring the results you seek if you persist in correct practice. This much is clear. If you are still hesitating, it means that you either aren't using your heart or haven't found the right thing. Hopefully you will find clarity on your way.

There are other sleeping meditation methods than Sleeping Qigong, but that is an excellent system. Generally, sleeping methods are the direct route to most accomplished meditative results and enlightenment. Outside of qigong realm there are also Buddhist (tantric) methods of turning sleep into meditation. Regardless of the tradition, one of the core concepts is that deep yogic sleep requires good health, so it will take commitment and a complete system to get there. Trust only established lineages with deep results!

The problem just with all neidan/alchemy flavored styles (like Sleeping Qigong) is that they really recommend committing at least an hour continuous practice each day. Having sleeping practice kind of bypasses time loss concerns, which is something to keep in mind.

Edited by senseless virtue
revision
  • Like 2