Sign in to follow this  
deathclutchone

Hi everyone I have been a long time lurker on this forum. I am currently practicing xingyi and bagua for about 2 years now. What lead me to the internals Ma is on Feb 8 2015 I was in a bad accident in the army and left me pretty crippled, I had a walking cane and it was getting so bad I was about to be in a wheel chair or major surgery. Then in 2017 after great research of west and east medicine I have found a legit teacher where I live after so many turned me down because they have no faith. Well in 2019 I ditched the cane I have been walking on my own for almost a year, I have little to no pain, arthritis is no existent, OFF ALL PRESCRIPTIONS. I was a non believer at first, but after healing bone/Joints a such a rate my team of doctors all can't believe the progress made in 2 years. I still have a long way to go before I am 100%, after my success with the IMA I would like to help my fellow practitioner.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, deathclutchone said:

Then in 2017 after great research of west and east medicine I have found a legit teacher where I live after so many turned me down because they have no faith. Well in 2019 I ditched the cane I have been walking on my own for almost a year, I have little to no pain, arthritis is no existent, OFF ALL PRESCRIPTIONS. I was a non believer at first, but after healing bone/Joints a such a rate my team of doctors all can't believe the progress made in 2 years.

That's great.  Is there any particular exercise, breathing, form or meditation you feel helped you the most?

thanks

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thelerner said:

That's great.  Is there any particular exercise, breathing, form or meditation you feel helped you the most?

thanks

Great question. Standing in samm choy, to get the mind and body connection. When doing any forms I would go super slow. In the army we where always taught, slow is smooth and smooth is fast, so I just applied that philosophy. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:17 PM, deathclutchone said:

Great question. Standing in samm choy, to get the mind and body connection.

must confess, not sure what samm choy is.  Not sure if its a position in standing meditation or a feeling/focus.

Hello, deathclutchone.  Army here as well.  Disabled as well.  "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast".  I remember this well...

Q:  "samm choy".  Can you give more detail?  Static posture?  Post standing-esque?

De Oppresso Liber

19 hours ago, thelerner said:

must confess, not sure what samm choy is.  Not sure if its a position in standing meditation or a feeling/focus.

13 hours ago, liab qab ape said:

Hello, deathclutchone.  Army here as well.  Disabled as well.  "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast".  I remember this well...

Q:  "samm choy".  Can you give more detail?  Static posture?  Post standing-esque?

De Oppresso Liber

Samm choy is the same thing as "Santi" but instead the lower hand makes a loose fist on the lowest rib. I started this posture with my lower hand on my cane balancing. This took me several months till i could stand on my own two feet, but the leg strength you get is amazing. This is about the time I started feeling energy in my hands(after I could hold samm choy 15min a side Minimum).  Those months where very mentally demanding, this phase taught me most aliments can be healed just through hard work and living uncomfortable(Just know your limits if injured, 80% is a good rule). If anyone has my questions please don't hesitate, there are many more steps I took before I even walked the circle or did any forms.

Side Note: My injury was my lower back all the way down my legs I had avascular necrosis of both hips ,both knees,calf's felt like concrete and walked like a penguin for years with my cane.

• Like 1

Is this the stance you mean? 

Santi.. Bruce Frantzis teaches it- https://www.energyarts.com/hsing-i-santi/

"At the very heart of the martial practice of Hsing-i and its Five Elements, is Santi, or the “Trinity Posture.” Santi is done holding a static standing posture, with your arms extended. In the classic schools of Hsing-i, the posture is held in Pi Chuan, which is the first of the Five Elements.

There is a common story about the best people in Hsing-i that says they were made to do Santi for between one and three years before being allowed to learn anything else. Many interpret this type of demand as a useless hazing process.

However, this process of standing is the most foundational power training in Hsing-i, and without it, the training of the Five Elements and the animal forms could easily become nothing more than movements with minimal internal power.

Aside from the martial aspects, Santi teaches how to make the mind calm and how to free it of accumulated stress. The process that Santi sets in motion for balance, health and healing is expanded and fulfilled in the Five Element practices.

P1000231-Bagua-Lake-Rotorua-EDITED-JM-30Santi focuses on cultivating five critical processes:

1. Breath
  2. Legs and waist
  3. Arms
  4. Unifying external connections within yourself
  5. Unifying internal connections within yourself

reminds me of a Ki Aikido practice to hold a bokken/wooden practice sword steady, point focused on singular spot, working up to an hour. 

• Like 2

Got it!  Adapted/Found the stance to meet the physical limitation/requirement.  And now you are caneless, yes?  Proof positive it works.  I only use a cane for walking now, myself, but can relate to not being able to stand unassisted (even had a walker at one point.  UGH!).  Well done and very interesting.  Thanks much.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this