Sign in to follow this  
Cloud chaser

pyroluria acupuncture points

It might be helpful to tell us a little about pyroluria and how you are experiencing it...

Not an acupuncturist, but my understanding is that there would be a couple approaches to this. One is symptom driven, so,  activating points (rather than "hitting" them :)) that have known effects on given symptoms.  Another approach would be balancing the whole system, from a five element or five phases perspective. Sometimes, balancing the whole system can eliminate symptoms that arise from imbalance without seeming to address them directly.

Maybe a real acupuncturist will jump in if you give a little more information.

And of course, making an in-person appt with a real acupuncturist might move you along most effectively.

We can't use western terms to make a eastern dyagnosys, so I've googled it and found this list of symptoms:

• anxiety
  • irritability
  • fatigue
  • poor short-term memory
  • little or no dream recall
  • mood swings
  • increased sensitivity to lights, sounds, odors
  • frequent infections
  • allergies
  • joint pain
  • hypoglycemia
  • poor appetite, especially in the morning
  • nausea, motion sickness
  • poor tolerance of dietary protein
  • sweet or fruity smelling breath or sweat
  • pale complexion
  • white spots on fingernails
  • premature graying
  • delayed sexual development
  • alcoholism

Those symptoms seem to indicate a liver deficiency, but that could come from a spleen-pancreas deficiency in producing Xue, which then affects both the Heart and the Liver. The fruity smelling breath/sweat and the impossibility to recall dreams point to this possibility.

It would be quite unfortunate for me to prescribe acupuncture points for someone by reading a post online, but you can try and tonify your Xue and Spleen with some dietary supplements, such as ginseng and low-fat meats.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this