Sign in to follow this  
Scholar

Is it possible to feel the chi of other person?

27 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Here's something for MegaMind that involves one doctor from Yale's approval of Flying Phoenix qigong, which I am aware that it does not meet his group's standards for testing, which was posted by Sifu Terry.

I was already wondering if this other tidbit about Grandmaster Doo Wai's skills being tested in laboratory conditions was going to attract attention. Per Sifu Terry:

...GMDW has been studied and measured with medical instruments over the years. The GM told me that he wasextensively monitored by the head of the Naval Hospital in Long Beach I think in the 1980's. One demo GM said was monitored: GMDW had consciously stopped his earth rate for 20 seconds. I don't know what else was studied by the Navy's doctors. On a different occasion, GMDW's San Diego student, Kevin Ulmer, now living in Tennesee, told me that the GM had Kevin reach in with his fingers around his sternum and left rib cage and then the GM stopped his heart so that it rested like heavy lump on Kevin's fingertips. This of course totally, totally freaked Kevin out. [such feats of stopping normally involuntary organ functions at will is a well-documented capability of all masters of high yogas, and is talked about matter-of-factly by W.Y. Evans-Wentz in his classic 1935 tome "Tibetan Yoga and Secret Practices"--see chapter on "Yoga of Psychic Heat."

There are also video demonstrations of GMDW bringing dead crickets back to life and materializing qi among other things. Here are Sifu Terry's personal testimonies:

...I have video footage of GM Doo Wai finishing the 14th seated meditation in the series called "Monk Serves Wine", which is part of the Flying Phoenix system. At the end of exercise, as his forearms swing forward toward the camera and his palms turn upward, all the space around him turns a bright luminous blue, the normal background of the shot (wall behind him) cannot be seen. Then the blue lifts like a cloud--but not like a cloud. It just lifts off and the normal background is seen again. GM Doo Wai regularly told us that the blue auric luminosity is just a side effect of FP practice... that it's nothing special--just practice daily for a few months and then videotape yourself. But to me, whether you see it or not, it feels absolutely divine.

A while back, I shared with this discussion thread in a posting addressed Sifu Garry Hearfield [who studied with GM Doo Wai as well (but much more recently and many years after I had trained with the GM)] a training "accident" I had around 1993 when Grandmaster Doo Wai of the White Tiger Kung-fu system (Bok Fu Pai) instructed our study group to buy a bunch of very small pet creatures and had each student attempt to revive (with the FP healing energy) one of the little creatures that was allowed to dessicate and die beforehand (the Grandmaster was able to do this everytime he demonstrated his healing energy on these and other small creatures). However, none of us students at the time could do it...and we had been practicing the FP system and more advanced healing qigong meditations for about two years. When it was my turn to attempt to revive one the small creatures that was placed in the same container/pen as the other living ones, I tried and tried, circling my palm in a certain direction and mentally issuing the energy from my circling palm. I felt the energy issuing from my palm but nothing happened to the dead creature. The Grandmaster instructed me to keep trying. so I tried and tried, but still nothing happened. So I finally gave up. I felt kind of dejected at failing the exercise, but about 20 seconds later, when everybody had given up and were taking a break, one of the students, I think it was Tino Baguio, yells "Holy Shit--they're all dead!" Everyone gathered around the container and sure enough, everyone of the little pet creatures was dead. So despite my absolute, clear intent to heal and revive the one creature, I totally (and embarassingly) "misfired" the internal energy in my body at the time (because I had also been religiously practicing the "most martial" qigong systems that the GM had taught me as well as the medical Qigong system.) Instead of having a healing/resuscitating effect, I had a deadly effect on the entire lot. GM Doo Wai told everyone with a twinkle, "Yeah I saw the energy go into them and it was the wrong energy." Then the GM made some adjustments on my wrists and inside elbow points with jiao and declared "Don't worry,that won't ever happen again. When you want to heal, the healing energy will come out; and when you want to hurt, the martial energy will come out." So far so good. [but regardless of the GM's reassurances to the other students back then, none of them would ever spar with me again.]  

The demonstrations of chi projection and chi materialization aren't that important--and shouldn't even be talked about--for their purpose is only to initiate students and let them know that there is much more to BFP Kung Fu than the physical, muscle-and-bone part of the art.

But since you say that GMDW has been taking drubbing in the forums for past 2 years, I will shed a little light on the matter "chi materialization", which I assume has been subject of argument: In 1992, after doing a special meditation, the Grand Master demonstrated it in two ways--actually, one way--to our entire circle (six of us that day): With light turned off in a pitch-black bathroom, he manifested his energy as a luminous green glow on his fingertips--the exact same color of the green light on a car's dashboard at night. Then, when he told Tino Baguio (one of the students) to turn on the light, white vaporous smoke emanated from his fingertips. (his sleeves were rolled up and his arms were clean--no paint, no devices of any type to fake it.) Six of us saw it. And we were stunned. Throughout this demonstration, there was a very distinctive smell--the same smell that emanates when a person dies and the spirit leaves the body--only it was slightly fresher in smell than that of death. (And yes, I have smelled the dying process, both naturally and unnaturally caused.)

Michael Lomax of Stillness-Movement Neigong has also gone public on this forum saying a few things about scientific evidence:

No "scientific" studies although I have been involved in 3 science investigations. One was the magnetic standing waves set up by the qi projection I mentioned earlier, another was brain wave observation on a client receiving qi projection and the sleep lab thing where brain went through 3 stages of sleep in 3 minutes while standing doing qigong. So sorry, nothing to write home about as I seem to have the same number of scientific studies to my credit as does Gary Clyman and... MOST of the qigong/neigong teachers in the world. But wait a minute, I forgot to add, the experiments I did were observed by A medical doctor! HA HA HA

Master Wang ran a full blown medical qigong hospital, not a clinic. Results would probably not be believed except by people who have actually done authentic neigong-medical qigong and are able to do qi projection themselves. I saw paralyzed stroke victims get up and walk out, total rehabilitation of accident victims who couldn't walk, large breast tumor shrunk into nothing not detectable by x-ray; ahh actually there wasn't much in the way of trauma or disease that I didn't see. Master Wang was one of the more powerful Masters of his time. Between his hospital, Master Hu's hospital, and the clinics run by students such as me, we represent more than 6 decades of successful medical qigong with an extremely high result rate. Lets add in students I have had for right at 20 years, who ALSO have astounding clinical efficacy and stay booked up for 3-4 weeks in advance and I guess the system has way over 100 years represented of direct clinical experience with extremely high efficacy.

Another instance I could report while speaking of China, observed by 4 doctors (yes, you got it - the required western MD), was a stroke victim brought into a clinic where I was working in China whose blood pressure was sky high (I can't remember the numbers but probably have this somewhere), was experiencing visual distortion (two of everything) and demonstrating obvious signs of stroke. While waiting on the ambulance they asked was there anything I could do so I did. In 7 minutes of treatment his blood pressure was brought down to normal, his normal vision returned and there was no further sign of a stroke. All observed by A medical doctor. We still loaded him up in the ambulance to be taken to the hospital. I have reported several simplified case histories on this board.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Zork said:

Asking him about whether he has achieved the preservation of personality through incarnations means a priori accepting it as a fact.

Otherwise you would just say he is an impostor/placebo seller because reincarnation doesn't happen according to science.

Just humoring him.  Also doing as you suggest would be a violation of the no personal attack / insult policy.

Sign in to follow this