EFreethought

New Member in Austin, TX

About me: 47, live in Austin, TX, software developer by day.

I did martial arts in college long long ago. We did some breathing exercises at the beginning, and I started doing them on my own.

I have been doing meditation and chi-kung (as it used to be spelled) on and off (mostly off) for many years. I am trying to get more serious about it.

There is a Golden Shield Qigong group here in Austin that I am thinking about joining.

That is all I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions, let me know.

• Like 2

I work for a large company doing a Java/Spring/Hibernate app. Not Java 9+ with Spring Boot. For us, it's like 2007 never happened.

I am studying Clojure and other variants of Lisp. I would love to get a job doing some type of Lisp. I think the ancient Lisp masters hit upon some enduring wisdom.

24 minutes ago, EFreethought said:

I am studying Clojure and other variants of Lisp. I would love to get a job doing some type of Lisp. I think the ancient Lisp masters hit upon some enduring wisdom.

Very cool. I really like Clojure. I built an admin dashboard at my current job in ClojureScript, with Reagent and re-frame. Pleasant experience. I barely enjoy coding anymore without immutable data structures at least. Shen looks like an interesting Lisp as well. Though, outside of Elixir/Erlang, I seem to be gravitating more toward Haskell and ML family languages rather than Lisps lately. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sean