Jeff

Tantra...

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

And what do you mean (or what are you referring to) when you use the phrase "energy body"? Corporeal form? Or perhaps the concepts collated to form an idea of "self"?

Both would fit with the idea of "as it burns away," and I'm finding I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

Of course I could pretend, but I'd rather ask than assume.

The energy body is the “attached” form that is the perceptional framework that obscures the underlying primordial. It is the thing that carries across multiple corporeal forms (or characters in the video game).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, Jeff said:

The energy body is the “attached” form that is the perceptional framework that obscures the underlying primordial. It is the thing that carries across multiple corporeal forms (or characters in the video game).

Sorry, this is simply how my mind works and not intended in any nefarious way it could be construed, but wouldn't the video game analogy be one such "perceptional framework" with the stated potential to "obscure the underlying primordial"?

2 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Sorry, this is simply how my mind works and not intended in any nefarious way it could be construed, but wouldn't the video game analogy be one such "perceptional framework" with the stated potential to "obscure the underlying primordial"?

Sure. There is always the potential that there is something deeper than what you perceive. 

Was doing some tantric work with Kali today. About 30 minutes in, her form changed completely for me. I’ve been working with Kali for a couple years now, and generally perceive her (via the minds eye) one of two ways. This is now a third.

A few thoughts on this. It felt like I had gone deeper than previously before with her, and she revealed a new (and more personal) image to me. I’ve found that with this new image, the connection is a lot stronger now.

Just thought I’d share... I’ve found tantric practice to take on a life of its own. It may start one way, and morph and transform as we go along. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:19 PM, Fa Xin said:

What does everyone think Tantra means?

Energy practice? Or is it specific to a tradition?

i feel like there’s a lot of stuff that’s called Tantra. I’m guilty of it too. 

To me the word represents some kind of energetic connection, whether that’s with someone or a deity. 

I also think it means using the aspects of life that aren’t generally thought of as productive to benefitting us. 

That's a good question, I've been wondering the same thing. Would mantra practice be considered tantra?