mat black

What is wisdom-insight?

Right now I am finding it fruitful to place my attention on awareness, to rest in my own being, and let the changes wash over me. I follow some changes, or many changes, but there is increasing confidence in the awareness. I am noticing that the changes have their own pace, that I would not like to change. When I do want to change it, it causes me suffering, and hinders the changes.

I will completely agree with what you are saying Todd and confirm the same experience in my life.

One of my early mentors told me that the path of unconditional love is:

Allowing

Excepting

Loving

Embracing

We have a tendency to fight against the reality of things that seem 'unsatisfactory' to us. This internal struggle often manifests as being offended.

For example if someone cuts us off in traffic we often get offended and upset because we 'can't believe' that someone has just done this to us. Not only is this reaction a complete waste of energy but it can also cause an accident to happen because the emotional response will either delay an appropriate reaction or create an inappropriate reaction. I'm sure we all can think of many examples of where we have reacted similarly.

When I encounter an energy blockage within my own energy system an initial reaction may be to try and 'fix it'; to try and change it. But that energy blockage is merely part of my mind that has enmeshed itself so by trying to change it I am applying part of my mind against another and only creating more internal tension. Which is why the instruction is to simply be 'aware' of the situation, breathe into the area naturally and allow the subtle change to manifest of its own accord.

On another level ... I have absolutely no idea what it would be like to have the full quotient of light that is possible within the human experience (my definition of elightenment). My conditioned mind can only concieve within the limits of my world view. If I attempted to achieve enlightenment according to what my rational mind depicted I would only be chasing my own tail so to speak. I can only let go, relax, and allow this awesome mystery called life to continually surprise and delight me on my journey.