Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Overpopulation : Pyramid Economy : Manufacturing Consent

"When I was young"  the idea was that as nations became developed and living standards rose then families would naturally no longer need 5 children and have only 1 or 2, thereby naturally finding a manageable population level.   And so we need not fear the blossoming populations of the 2nd and 3rd worlds, as all nations would eventually find natural levels.

Well the story has changed.   Now in the developed West it has indeed become that people stopped having many children.   But now governments are pumping more people in through encouraging migration.

Why ?

Isn't this exactly what is desirable, the easing population figures.   Why then the push for more people?

My sense is -and I have not read much to corroborate- but that the economy has been designed to feed billionaires and is a "bubble" by design, and illusory.   Being so false it would collapse without the artificial support of migration because it is fundamentally unsound, and hasn't served the "people" for a long time.

And that the media, also pandering to the powerful, manufactures consent (Noam Chomsky) of increasing people in the countries.   In the same way it manufactures consent of a money-mad people and other ideas that serve only the billionaire-funnel.

11 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Why ?

Isn't this exactly what is desirable, the easing population figures.   Why then the push for more people?

It's the democrats pushing for more people. They pander to them in an effort to garner votes.

Democrats did the same thing to the black community via public assistance. 

Two reasons for the migration. First - western birthrate is well below the break even point. Which means the population of the western countries would diminish significantly if there were no immigrants. Second - push from big business. It is very good for the business to have unemployment 6% or more so that there is a surplus of workforce on the labour market. I don't know what you position is in the place you make your living, but if you are even remotely close to the process of hiring people, you must have noticed that recently it is next to impossible to find decent people to fill positions. Any business owner, small or big, will tell you that the more immigrants the better.

Sign in to follow this