dim

Physical health problems and meditation / qigong recommended practice / systems?

I have poor health, something that western medicine has no answer for (surprise surprise)... hence becoming my own doctor and having to take things into my own hands. Meditation is the only reason I am alive today I'm pretty sure. I have come close to and almost died at least 2-3 times I'm aware of that has been obvious to me. Although, I don't know what physical death itself feels like, so its hard to say how close I came exactly, I can say my body has done things its not supposed to do like shutting down and failure. Meditation brought me back and restored function to my body. 

Anyway, I want a STRONG FAST working qigong to help me as fast as possible that is most effective to go along with meditation, life style, diet, etc. From my reading here it seems some of the most eeffective healing qigongs are Spring forest, Stillness-Movement, FPCK.... What other systems are most effective and have maximum results in quick time? Unfortunately I have almost no money from spending very much on doctors, testing, acupuncture, western medicine. I also haven't been able to work much due to health. Otherwise I would have found a good local teacher/doctor in the DFW, TX area. Thats the other thing that seems to be lacking in this area...is many teachers / healers / doctors of alt medicine. ANd the ones that are here are very expensive, and i haven't met many that I have too much confidence with.

How do the above qigong systems compare with Ken Cohen medical qigong?? 

Any other qigong and  meditation systems recommended for health / healing? I've also done pranic healing, but for myself, I seem to get better results with just meditation, letting go...rather than pranic healing. 

Thank you!

No 1 correllate to "unexplainable medical symptoms" is dysfunctional breathing, where high thoracic breathing is the most common pattern. 

So working on this might be useful. 

When it comes to qigong, everybody has preferences. 

Pick one. You might find that the teacher is more important than the method, but if you are short of funding any method is better than no practice at all. 

If your system is weak you might want to reconsider the idea of "most powerful method", since you also have to be able to handle the practice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

No 1 correllate to "unexplainable medical symptoms" is dysfunctional breathing, where high thoracic breathing is the most common pattern. 

So working on this might be useful. 

When it comes to qigong, everybody has preferences. 

Pick one. You might find that the teacher is more important than the method, but if you are short of funding any method is better than no practice at all. 

If your system is weak you might want to reconsider the idea of "most powerful method", since you also have to be able to handle the practice. 

Thanks for your reply... Proper breathing always helps. But I know its not the cause for me because of things that happened to me. It does help however.

Hmm, when i say "most powerful method", I mean in healing sense and how quickly effects manifest. 

Ok, I'll just start doing systems and see what I best respond to then.

Thank you

Moving body and body parts is expression.

In disease, intake is the issue.

Because that's what is being expressed in symptoms and behaviors.

Body and brain, etc, are 100% built from the Environment, in the form that we call "food".

If they are malfunctioning, we would first look to see what they were made of, and how.

And the entire body can be rebuilt to function better in any environment - but not by just meditating or doing exercise.

In other words, not by only altering "expression".

If "intake" is okay, then expressions will also be okay - "appropriate" - no need to try to change them, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 2

Do you exercise at all?

Ive found an hour of brisk walking can benefit you much more than standing still and waving the arms. 

Not to sound like a brute or insult to Qigong. But the more movement the better. And I’ve been standing still and waving my arms for many years.  It has its place but should not replace actual movement exercise...