Sign in to follow this  
Zen Pig

3 day water fast.

On the third day of my new years three day water only fast.
Good to blow out the old pipes once in a while and reset the body.
Second day is always the worst as the body is changing over from trying to burn glucose to burning fat. The third day one feels like they did a couple lines of coke. (not that I would have ever known what that feels like) :)
Does wonders for the immunity system, brain, lungs, digestion, and all sorts of cool stuff. I highly recommend it, but beware of going to YouTube looking for info. YouTube has become a cesspool of shit information. better to download peer reviewed papers in medical journals and research from sites like nih or reliable sites on three day water fast. I found it good to do about 5-6 times a year. As far as meditation goes, It seems like fasting effects the subtle  body connection, which is part of the energy flowing in the body, which kind of makes sense as the body, along with the brain is being kind of flushed out,  and new connections established.    From the research I have read about doing a fast, 3 days seems to be optimal as far as resetting the detoxifying the body  without loosing muscle mass, or having issues with electrolytes.  Interested to hear of anyone else's experiences in fasting.  cheers

• Like 2

Think I'll join you soon. 

Last year I was using aTim Ferris short fasting protocol. I'm overdue for another trip. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Get some spring cleaning in.

Yes, it definitely does spring cleaning.   part of the fast renews damages large bowl tissue and also flushes out damaged white blood cells and lots of other junk. for me,  (and this is kind of real, so hope no one is eating a meal at this point), it starts about end of day two to day three.  don't go too far from a bathroom.  Kind of like changing the oil in your car.  LOL

• Like 1

When fasting as a cultivator there are some tips to follow.

Don't do any Qi Gong during the fast!

Sitting practice is good. 

‘Fasting the mind’ is important. Stillness, no over stimulation, no news etc.

Mineral supplementing is important... even just unrefined (gray or pink) salt mixed with water will do.

Gentle movement - stretching, jumping on a trampoline, taking walks or hikes etc. are required - particularly when you feel lethargic.

Keep warm at all times!

The period of re-introduction to food is very important. During a fast your organs actually shrink... your body will remove dead and damaged cells (autophagy). When you reintroduce food, your body will quickly re-build, and so it requires very high quality food.

Lots of walnuts, high quality cod liver oil (most commercially available cod liver oil is rancid and therefore toxic). If eating meat then only the naturally pastured/ grass fed variety... focus on organ meats, bone broths, bone marrow, cuts with a lot of gelatin (eg tails, knuckles etc). Lots and lots of gently cooked organic veggies (leafy greens in particular).

This should all be introduced slowly over several days... pay particular attention to the quality of food for at least a week, then you can go back to normal. Lots of people avoid meat at this stage, but it’s far more easily digested than any veggies and the nutrients are assimilated much better.

Good luck! I will be doing a 5 day fast soon myself :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this