Sign in to follow this  
LAOLONG

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Interesting article, more details on the international rivalries prior to WW1, and also the astrology of the major players:

https://astrologyresearch.co.uk/causes-of-the-1st-world-war-saturn-and-pluto/

Yeah, that's how all the books tell it.  But I still believe it always returns to the Britain/Germany situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Well why do human beings love violent news ?   

You have expressed this stronger than I would have but I can't disagree with you as long as we understand that the comments are generalizations and do not apply to a lot of people.  Believe it or not, some people are actually happy with the life they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

You have expressed this stronger than I would have but I can't disagree with you as long as we understand that the comments are generalizations and do not apply to a lot of people.  Believe it or not, some people are actually happy with the life they have.

True. Belle epoque in France comes to mind. WW1 caused a massive paradigm shift in how people percieved values as family, church, the state and the perception of the righteousness of war.

People were so innocent back then....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, that's how all the books tell it.  But I still believe it always returns to the Britain/Germany situation.

Correct. It all started with HMS Dreadnought.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this