On 12/12/2018 at 9:02 AM, Fa Xin said:

Yes... first there is a mountain, then no mountain. But the “mountain” returns after that. Isn’t that a Zen saying? 

I know what your saying... not to get attached to the images. But it’s my view that there is more to it than just ignoring it. 

Indeed !  The warning is about attachment to them, and being 'stuck' in them or 'viewing them'

• Like 1

@ Nungali

Calling everything a dream makes it impossible to discuss the psychological and practical problems of losing one's ability to differentiate between sense perceptions and dreams or hallucinatory images.

5 hours ago, Papayapple said:

Very interesting thread. Scrying is something that I intended to get into for some years, have really good books on it, but so far I could not find that good of a reason to practice it. I've done it with a candle once. With almost closed eyelids I was seeing an amazing dance of living sparks stretching and bending in all directions.

But you're saying it can translate into "reading" people and events more deeply?

I'm new to scrying but in the limited time I've been doing it one thing has become apparent: scrying is a form of "deep seeing." Instead of looking upon, scrying is looking within. This looking within yields unexpected results - flashes of light, sounds, impressions, memories, feelings. These flashes don't necessarily make sense in any traditional way, but just because they aren't obvious in their meaning does not mean they lack meaning. Think of the flashes as words in a new language, and like all language you need exposure to build a vocabulary and grammar. 

• Thanks 2