ernobe

Couple of questions

First question is, I opted to receive email notifications when new content appears in content I follow.  It's not happening.

Second question is, I recently noticed my status change from "Junior Bum" to a "Dao Bum".  How many points do I need to be a "Senior Bum"?  :D

1. There is an automatic setting and a general setting. I wonder if there is some conflict when both are set.  Maybe try to turn off the automatic settings and let your individual settings control it.

2. The Dao Bum level is Senior Bum... we just don't flaunt it  B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ernobe said:

First question is, I opted to receive email notifications when new content appears in content I follow.  It's not happening.

Second question is, I recently noticed my status change from "Junior Bum" to a "Dao Bum".  How many points do I need to be a "Senior Bum"?  :D

I believe the notifications via email are once a day or once per week. I assume the daily email is sent later in the day and am unsure of what time that actually is.

Dao Bum is a senior bum. ;)

• Like 1

The only automatic settings I could find were "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to". I switched both of them off, and still got no emails.  I have currently switched them back on, and have live notifications (at the site) turned off and only email turned on.  In "Manage Followed Content" I can see that I'm set to receive email only as soon as it happens (not daily or weekly).  We'll see what happens.

20 minutes ago, ernobe said:

The only automatic settings I could find were "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to". I switched both of them off, and still got no emails.  I have currently switched them back on, and have live notifications (at the site) turned off and only email turned on.  In "Manage Followed Content" I can see that I'm set to receive email only as soon as it happens (not daily or weekly).  We'll see what happens.

In the thread itself there is a follow button to the far right of the title. Check there. On mobile it is at the bottom.

Screenshot_20180808-162336.thumb.jpg.1d271c1f5b7cce90e5af043dabb867cf.jpg

Yes Kar3n, where it says "Change how the notification is sent" I chose email, and my problem is that the email is not sent, despite it then saying "An email when new content is posted" (instead of "A notification when new content is posted").

Edited by ernobe
more info

I received a "Dao Bums digest" with my previous post to this topic after opting to receive daily emails.  But now I no longer receive notifications at the site.   Can I not receive emails and notifications?

Daily email digests are working: just got my Dao Bums digest for yesterday this morning.

Today, in "Account Settings" I'm now opting for "A notification when new content is posted".  The setting for this topic remains daily emails. So I'll see if I get notifications for this topic, and if I get this post in the digest tomorrow.

• Like 2