Mental Monkey

Pangu Shengong

Hi

Can anyone who is familiar with this system tell me how the nonmoving form compares to the moving form in terms of what your experienced? Did you experience different things compared to the moving form, was it stronger or did it improve your experiences while practising the moving form?

Thanks

• Like 1

I learned the Pangu form from Michael Winn, so there may be differences.  Also he doesn't have a nonmoving form that I know of.  Yet there have been times I'll do Pangu, without moving,  imagining the circles and vortexes.. as if my hand were moving.  Most of the times it seems the equal of doing it with physical motion. 

You lose the meat, but somehow the gain a little in concentration.

• Like 1

In my experience the nonmoving form helped a bit with concentration and relaxation. 

Honestly I never enjoyed the NMF, there were a few times i hit some sweet spots with it but it just wasn’t my thing. The main thing with NMF is to stay relaxed, and not try to concentrate on doing it (they stress this heavily, and once you learn it you see why)

The moving and advanced forms however I enjoyed a lot (as well as the healing technique). I no longer practice PGSG but i did practice heavily for over a year. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mental Monkey said:

Fa Xin, did you find the healing techniques effective?

They certainly do move energy and help to clear things, yes. 

Did you learn the moving form in person?

• Like 1

Hi there,

In my experience the more Pangu you generally do, the more effective it is. So doing a lot of Non-Moving Forms will make other Pangu practice like the Moving Form more effective. And vice-versa.

That said, I didn’t see a super major difference or anything in my Moving Form practice once I learned the Non-Moving Form. Like Fa Xin, I don’t reasonate with the Non-Moving Form as much as the others, and there’s more of a learning curve with it (though it’s so simple you could probably explain it in 50 words, heh). 

I’ve heard from some advanced practitioners who say it’s even more potent than the Moving Form. Perhaps I’ll get there one day, who knows :)

If you’re enjoying Pangu and want to learn more about the system, I’d definitely recommend learning it. I learned about 1.5 years ago and it’s gotten more effective for me over time. Certainly don’t regret it.

In terms of results, when it “clicks” it can be reallllly relaxing and sorta flush you with a deeper energy flow than the Moving Form. At least that’s my experience.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

On 11/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mental Monkey said:

For those that have learned it, what's your opinion and experience of the condensed/advanced form?

Hello, I also learned that form.

That one seems to be shorter and channels more qi.  It also seems to be dependent and act as a mulitplier of the moving forms. So they say if you practice 1 MF + 1 Advanced form, it's like doing 3 MF.  I think that was the equation they used when I learned it -it's been a while.

I found at first it was possible to kind of "overdo" the advanced form.  For instance, the first week after learning it I did it a couple times a day, and the energy was a little too much and ungrounded me.  I found the moving form to be more wholesome and gentle; by far my favorite... while the advanced form I only used on special occasions because it was very potent.  

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

On 22-5-2018 at 8:30 PM, thelerner said:

I learned the Pangu form from Michael Winn, so there may be differences.  Also he doesn't have a nonmoving form that I know of.  Yet there have been times I'll do Pangu, without moving,  imagining the circles and vortexes.. as if my hand were moving.  Most of the times it seems the equal of doing it with physical motion. 

You lose the meat, but somehow the gain a little in concentration.

Oh yeah that is so beautifully put.

It's a non physical movement. That is at the essence and heart of all physical momentum. It is the focus, and consistency, that causes momentum. And that momentum is incredibly powerful and influential! 

Edited by Everything

13 hours ago, Everything said:

Oh yeah that is so beautifully put.

My latest bastardization of Pangu (masters forgive me) is coffee grinding.  I've got a small Haribo coffee bean grinder (burr style ofcourse) and I'll spin the top and bottom, grinding 26 times on my left, then right (switching top & bottom hand), then middle.  Repeated if needed, trying to feel the vortexes until the coffees ground.   knees bent and enjoying the rich earthy smell

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

My latest bastardization of Pangu (masters forgive me) is coffee grinding.  I've got a small Haribo coffee bean grinder (burr style ofcourse) and I'll spin the top and bottom, grinding 26 times on my left, then right (switching top & bottom hand), then middle.  Repeated if needed, trying to feel the vortexes until the coffees ground.   knees bent and enjoying the rich earthy smell

I love it.

I often think of how much better it would be if qigong actually performed real actions, and didn't pretend to.

Drawing-the-bow-to-shoot-the-arrow.jpg

becomes

06654f90-c2df-11e8-bfc4-8898d3e518ea_128

qigongball.jpg

becomes

tree-hugger.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/19/2018 at 6:31 PM, thelerner said:

Yeah it is that passion and dedication which makes everything click into perfect harmony.

Bless your hands.

• Like 1