Sign in to follow this  
Chi kung apprentice

Dealing with Anger

Anger Management  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How confortable do you feel with your own anger?

• Not at all, I try to eliminate or transmute it in something else.
    • More or less. Sometimes it helps
    • Very much. Its a part of me.
    • I love anger. It gives me power.
    • I hate anger. It is the emotion I hate or fear or embarrasses me the most
  2. 2. Which technique or option have you followed more often when you are upset?

• I hug my anger and use its fire as a weapon
    • I use healing sounds. meditation , radionics or affirmations to get rid of anger
    • I meditate and try that my inner self take care of the problem
    • I go to psycologist or therapist to try to work it out
    • I go to "Family Constelations Therapy"
    • Anger always gets me by surprise, so I only react, no time to think
    • Try to calm down, think straight and make something good
  3. 3. You think anger is

• Fuel, A fire emotion that can be used to build
    • A sin. something to be avoided at all cost
    • Just a temporary impotence that will heal when I finally "understand" the level I am
    • Normal and unavoidable part of life, dont fight with it, no point.

I treat anger as I would a thought in meditation. Acknowledge it, sense what it is doing, and look at it in the third person seeing it as it really is- an emotion, and it will pass. Later you can reflect and analyze.

The last few years have been rife with anger for me... Anger at watching my mother die, losing lovers, having a lot of money stolen from me by crooked lawyers, having crappy jobs and stupid bosses, losing many friends to death and more due to not being able to live as I had been used to due to financial problems... (not real friends anyway I guess huh?)

Then there is the incredible idiocy of my Nations' political situation, and having to be "led" by moronic liars and corporate shills -known as members of congress etc etc...

there seemed no end of reasons to be angry...

( Also, I tend to get angry not depressed when things go awry in my life...So angry I was!)

but meditation, yoga, hung gar, lots and lots of walking and a indefatigable sense of humor have kept my head cool enough to laugh off most of my anger...

AND THE GIANTS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!!! :D:):lol:

So now, its all good -'cept the lawyers need to die of course :) but that goes without saying. All lawyer jokes are actually kindnesses as that lot deserve no quarter or misguided empathy...I mean it! Humor offering them a modicum of humanization is just wrong !! :huh: -

And i say that knowing there are some good lawyers in the world, but being rid of them all would be such a boon it is perhaps an acceptible proposition - a modest proposal as it were...to drown them all in their own bile....

thanx for that opportunity to vent - It was nice for me to be able to show my love for my fellow beings in a laser beam light of understanding.

So now, its all good -'cept the lawyers need to die of course :) but that goes without saying. All lawyer jokes are actually kindnesses as that lot deserve no quarter or misguided empathy...I mean it! Humor offering them a modicum of humanization is just wrong. :huh: .... being rid of them all would be such a boon it is perhaps an acceptible proposition - a modest proposal as it were...to drown them all in their own bile....

Gee Patrick, you sure sound angry. Maybe it will help you to know that lawyers heard your vent! Let's see if we can make this even better for you, shall we? So as not to trouble you further, please put me on ignore, and I'll return the favor. Best of luck to you!

<_<

cartharsis is never pretty.... but that rant was meant to be more amusing then some took it...

Anger can be a very constructive tool ...as some answers offered in the questions opening this thread indicated as possible... yes?

well lets explore that tool as well....I do think that controling anger is an issue worth exploration, so how do we begin to explore our anger without getting in touch with it on a constructive footing of introspection and forebarence...

acceptance of its' presence and the taming it for useful purpose...seems a worthwhile way to spend one's time if anger is present in the psyche, which I admit is the case for me in recent times...

I am sorry to have been so rude as to vent...on a thread about anger I figured it a great place to run with it...

I am sorry to have been so rude as to vent...on a thread about anger I figured it a great place to run with it...

No worries. My post was showing how I deal with my anger. :lol: The multiple choice answers in the Poll didn't cover it.

And I am sorry you've had such bad luck. Maybe things will be better for you soon.

things are already much better. My karma was leveled and I'm on my feet -a fair price to pay to begin fresh and eager for new karma... :blink:

On perhaps a kinder gentler level...I don't believe in luck per se -but I do believe in karma... is maybe what I mean to say...

My practices and meditations grant me strength as I take my steps one at a time...

I've heard that truth is found in what works.

If your beliefs are working for you? Well there you go. :)

Sign in to follow this