Sign in to follow this  
adept

So much choice !

I've been lurking on these forums for a long time now and have only posted a couple of times. It was said in another thread somewhere that there are only about a dozen or so folks who contribute regularly. So, I think it's about time for some new input.

Never before have we had so much choice in the way of cultivation practices. This forum in particular is home to an absolute goldmine of information and wonderful human beings who share their thoughts. There are a lot of other websites and forums which are very good also. For the beginner who is just starting out, it can be quite daunting.

When I first started out in about '99 there was a huge amount of information available to me. I've tried dozens of practices and read hundreds of books, jumping from one thing to another without giving myself a chance to settle into a routine. I just think I have the ideal practice for me and then bam!, along comes something which stirs my interest and I jump to that for a while.

Thankfully, after a while I've settled into a routine which works for me.

Then I heard of Kunlun !

So far I've resisted the temptation to do any Kunlun practice. Not because I don't believe in the claims being made about it's effectiveness. Or that I don't think it will work for me. It's simply that I've become sick and tired of trying different practices.

I finally have a routine which I enjoy and which works for me.

Am I being narrow-minded?

Mark

What's your current routine? What were your routines, for that matter?

Nothing wrong with evaluating your practices, or reevaluating, as the case may be. If you've found stuff that works for you, that is great! One certainly cant endlessly search for more. When I started Kunlun I felt like my practices were lacking in some amorphous areas. Since then I havent really done much reevaluating, just to give the practice a shot...just goin with it, sarge! :D I guess the thing is, without really giving a given practice a chance to resonate with you on some level, it would be shallow to consistently opt for something that looks better at the time. I know for myself, a lot of the practices I had before I still do, only slightly less, since I wasnt doing anything incompatible with kunlun i.e. kundalini yoga.

Is there anything stopping you from giving it a rip, so long as you integrate it in an appropriate manner with your current practices?

What's your current routine? What were your routines, for that matter?

Nothing wrong with evaluating your practices, or reevaluating, as the case may be. If you've found stuff that works for you, that is great! One certainly cant endlessly search for more. When I started Kunlun I felt like my practices were lacking in some amorphous areas. Since then I havent really done much reevaluating, just to give the practice a shot...just goin with it, sarge! :D I guess the thing is, without really giving a given practice a chance to resonate with you on some level, it would be shallow to consistently opt for something that looks better at the time. I know for myself, a lot of the practices I had before I still do, only slightly less, since I wasnt doing anything incompatible with kunlun i.e. kundalini yoga.

Is there anything stopping you from giving it a rip, so long as you integrate it in an appropriate manner with your current practices?

The thing is I don't have any more time to do any more practices. The only time I get free from distractions is very early in the morning (4.30 - 5 am start !).

Previous routines are too many to mention.

Now I've got it down to Nei Gong, Zhan Zhuang and Vipassana which takes about 1.5 - 2 hours in the morning.

Then some Xinyiquan late afternoon.

Yin Yoga on an evening with some bodyweight exercises thrown in to the mix throughout the day.

So I'm pretty well spoken for.

Mark

Sign in to follow this