seby223

Need some guidance with semen retention, full body orgasm / the microcosmic orbit

6 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I'm not trying to be harsh here, just recounting my own life-experiences.

Hi blue eyed snake,

Thank you for your experiential perspective.

My perspective is that of a researcher - detached.

Trust seby223 can use your perspective for a weigh in.

You have reinforced my developing belief - there is rooted at TDB a brotherly camaraderie .

- LimA

I have mixed views on this topic. This is the response I gave on the same topic in a previous thread.

“When ever I read about some one smoking cannabis and trying to energetically cultivate themselves, my first response is always to think that that is a crazy idea. I then remember that I get slightly / quite drunk once or twice a week and realise that I'm in no position to judge anyone”

However, the different drugs, for me, have quite different effects. When I was a student, I smoked cannabis heavily and it seriously effected my motivation levels and my studies suffered.

When I did research, there is no way I could have done that work while smoking, but I could happily drink 4 pints every evening and it had no noticeable negative impact on my work.

When I was a teacher, there was no way I could have drunk anything in the evening and still taught well the next day, so even drinking was limited to the weekends.

So it very much depends on the effects of the drug and what your life commitments are like at the time.

But – they both have a negative effect on your health. If you're trying to cultivate energetically, this is more easily done with a healthy body, and not with one that is also trying to remove the toxins from either alcohol or cannabis.

3 minutes ago, Miffymog said:

If you're trying to cultivate energetically, this is more easily done with a healthy body, and not with one that is also trying to remove the toxins from either alcohol or cannabis.

Hi Miffymog,

Another experiential gem.

Thank you for the honest and open sharing.

This will keep TDB in good stead.

Good night.

- LimA

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 8:05 PM, seby223 said:

I don't use it every day, and I have no problem taking extended breaks of not using it. I don't think it's the issue here

Hi seby223,

All good wishes.

- LimA

I think I am on the right path but just so full of expectations. For example, i've been feeling a rushing like feeling push up my spine when practicing. It feels like its having trouble passing my neck into my head, and also the initial push from the perineum up the spine. But sometimes when things line up right it seems to work, and go up. It feels like a warm sensation that fills my body when the energy reaches the third eye location, but there is never any orgasm or release. It seem it just gets good and more intense (but isnt really "pleasurable", like it doesnt feel good but it feels like a rush of something pushing through me) but then when it gets to the peak it always either ends in a quick pleasurable 2-3 second peak, or mostly (90% of the time) the energy stops flowing and I go towards ejaculation. Does my experience make sense to anybody? I think my main problem is I dont see myself having any progress (even when I am) and i get very discouraged, and sad/angry at myself for it not working. 

2 hours ago, seby223 said:

I think my main problem is I dont see myself having any progress (even when I am) and i get very discouraged, and sad/angry at myself for it not working. 

Hi seby223,

I am not going to pretend that I have any answers for where/who you are. Then why am I still on your thread? Because I like to believe your 'openness' needs some 'closure'.

Can I help you with 'closure' per se. No not directly. Why? Because you need to take ownership of the 'openness/closure' dichotomy yourself.

Then how can I help indirectly? By giving you a bit of my time so that you are not alone in your search for/of yourself. If that can help a little ...

I have googled for something relevant to/for you. And I found this:

EXPECTATIONS AND DISAPPOINTMENT

July 5, 2013 Sterlin Mosley
Photo credit to:  "Rift Valley panorama" by Ghost of Kuji

Expectations. We have them about virtually everything in our lives. We believe expectations propel us into action and help to manifest future joy (or pain). Sometimes expectations help us to prepare for what may come. But more often than not expectations are a slippery slope to disappointment. 

Typically disappointment arises when some idea we have about what is supposed to happen (or what we want to happen) is dashed. We think our idea of reality is better than what is really happening and as such enter into a frutiless war with the suchness of life.

Whatever the case; good, bad or falsely indifferent; all expectations take us out of the present and into an imagined future. Expectations at their root are another tool the ego uses to manage uncertainty and give us the illusion of control.

Human beings can make the smallest expectation into an indicator about "the way life really is".  Those little expectations built up over time become ample food for our stories about life. And what ego doesn't love a good story? Some stories are superficially more fun, positive or exciting, while others are a bit more dismal. But a story is a story. 

Many spiritual teachers tell us to drop the story. Byron Katie asks us to, "make friends with reality", and to question our beliefs about everything. In her estimation "reality is God because it rules". I think this is a beautiful way to concretize a wildly misunderstood concept. It's an entryway into what the Divine truly is. It's a truly liberating practice to detach from our expectations but we can have a hell of a time trying to do it.

Personally I struggle with the good ol' "things never work out so why look forward to anything" AKA "expect to be disappointed". I often play this off as though I have no expectations, but embedded in that message is the hope or the challenge for Reality (AKA God) to prove me wrong.

When it doesn't I get to reinforce my story that things and people disappoint me, and when things do work out I have the grandiose belief that my mental temper tantrum somehow eeked out my desired result. What's your expectation drug of choice, because I can get my high on mine way more than I should when I'm not practicing being present.

Inherit in all expectations is an idea about the way things should be; a distrust that what life has to offer will be fundamentally undesirable. We might even go so far as to say that expectation is one of human beings' greatest limitations to true happiness. It's difficult to truly drop all expectations but the  more we practice presence the more they seem to loosen their grip on our worldview.

Even positive expectations can create problems, it's almost as though we become so attached to the positive outcome we turn into the overly stressed out, rigid party planner that can't enjoy the celebration because their too busy creating a "fun" "positive environment". 

You may be asking, "without expectations what are we left with, wouldn't you be leaving behind excitement, happiness and your personal standard for life and other people?" A valid and important question. 

Without expectation we're left with a resolute tranquility that whatever happens is absolutely perfect. Without the idea or the future projection of what should, could, or ought to be we move out of the future and into the present. We actually make greater room for the miraculous to occur because we aren't clamping down possibility. Our thought energy is immensely powerful, and expectation often limits wonderment.

We become cradled by the knowledge that what is meant to occur will occur with or without our mental projections. We become, as Byron Katie says, lovers of what is. 

We can check in any time to whether we are holding an expectation. Chances are you're doing it all the time and don't even realize it. A practice I use is this:

Stop yourself mentally and notice whether you have an idea about how things are supposed to be. If you do, allow in the thought that whatever happens next is exactly what is supposed to happen. Drop the judgement about your desired outcome or what is "good" or "bad", and just allow whatever is happening to unfold. Watch yourself in the situation. 

This may be uncomfortable at first, particularly if you're used to leaning on your expectations. You may feel anxiety, sadness or anger, as you relinquish control, and you may then decide to let back in the expectancy, that's okay, don't beat yourself up about it, just notice that you've let it back in and what it's doing for you.

With practice you'll find yourself relaxing into the present. You'll have less desire to interfere, control and manage reality. But we all have flare ups, so be kind to yourself when it happens, we're human beings with human egos we have to learn to be friendly with it.

Letting go of expectations doesn't mean we have to eliminate excitement and joy from our lives, and it also doesn't mean that challenges don't still arise. It means that we approach life with curiosity. It means we can entertain possibilities but give them no importance. We can marvel in the mystery of the Universe's plans and stop pretending we are the sole cartographers of our life's trajectory. There is a much broader picture to be seen that is impossible to perceive if we are only focused on what how we think it should look. 

If you want to know how to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.-Woody Allen

If you want to know how to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.-Woody Allen

There are many hidden nooks and crannies to every situation that we cannot appreciate when expectation clouds our view. Reality  is often a much more apt architect than we are. We become a co-creator to our life stories rather than that megalomaniacal micromanage in the cramped corner office whose always stressed out because be believes the company won't run unless he spins the wheels, because nobody wants to work with that guy.

Hope the above can provide some new avenues for you to move on => forward.

This will be my last posting on your thread for a while. 

Believe in yourself that you can find your own yourself. I believe you can.

2 hours ago, CedarTree said:

I was going to say my usual "Welcome!"

Hi CedarTree.

?

- LimA

On 8/23/2017 at 2:17 AM, seby223 said:

I think I am on the right path but just so full of expectations.

Hi seby223,

How's the going?

- LimA