GrandTrinity

Sealing the Energy in

so he basically wasted all that perfectly good acid :P

3092[/snapback]

Maybe he passed it undigested. Need a tracker to go find it, clean it up a bit. :lol:

yeah... if you like aspartame crossing your blood brain barrier.... seeing as the best place in the whole body to absorb chemicals into the blood stream is under your tongue.... why you would put something containing aspartame, colours and who knows what else and chew it so it mixes with your saliva and enters your blood stream through that space under your tongue, is beyond me!

Old post, just want to reply and add something ;) (while trying to locate the post about the experiment of meditating in a cave (and facing magnetic north, and so on))

Peelu chewing gum doesn't have artificial sweeteners and stuff but it does have teeth cleansing components from the peelu tree :)

By the way it's nice to go through old posts ;)

Edited by froggie

I learned from a Qigong teacher (dragon gate/longmen sect) Darryl Mitchel that after you do qigong the reason you MUST do self massage (face, neck, torso, arms, kidneys, legs) is because this seals the energy in your body.

So if you do qi gong/yoga/tai chi... and just go on with your day, your energy will be draining out, you will be open to receiving bad vibes and sending bad vibes!

You have to seal it, even if you take 5 seconds to wipe your face, torso, arms and legs, its only 5 seconds! But it goes a loooong way.

What do yall think?

In the style I practice, we have been taught to always meditate on the lower dantien at the end of the practice, sinking the chi back into it and condensing/compressing it until it becomes a point. My teacher likens it to mass collapsing into a blackhole.

An interesting thread.

Regarding the sealing I heard that some yoga masters advocate not showering for half an hour or an hour after practicing to keep the prana inside. In a TaiChi class I also saw the teacher holding his hands to the dantien at the end of the exercise.

I also liked the food discussion. Unfortunately many people believe that just because the stuff is there in the supermarket and bought by many people that it is normal, i.e. fine to buy it.

But our body's internal processes have been hardwired over tens of thousands of years and don't respond well to all the empty refined carbohydrates, namely sugar and white flour that make up most industrially made products, not to mention the chemicals, that are just there to increase shelf life and not your life and/or make the production cheaper.

Many people are learning about this, though. In Germany for instance many, normal products that you can find in a standard supermarket now advertise "no preservatives" and "no msg". In Scandinavia on the other hand for some strange reason most products like cheese still contained preservatives. At least when I was last there three years ago.

And I know a number of people who had allergies or skin problems and got much better after healing practitioners (that's what they're called here) advising them to change their diet: cutting down on animal proteins and refined carbohydrates mostly.

And I shudder when I see friends (mostly girls) drinking Diet Coke and feeling good about it. And yes, in Germany it is virtually impossible to find chewing gum without articial sweeteners or sugar. Not even in health shops.

I learned from a Qigong teacher (dragon gate/longmen sect) Darryl Mitchel that after you do qigong the reason you MUST do self massage (face, neck, torso, arms, kidneys, legs) is because this seals the energy in your body.

So if you do qi gong/yoga/tai chi... and just go on with your day, your energy will be draining out, you will be open to receiving bad vibes and sending bad vibes!

You have to seal it, even if you take 5 seconds to wipe your face, torso, arms and legs, its only 5 seconds! But it goes a loooong way.

What do yall think?

In our system we do complete self-massage and patting the body all over. This is done so that no qi gets stuck in any particular location. Nothing to do with sealing.

• Like 1