Starjumper

The ethics of revenge

9 hours ago, Stosh said:

..no wonder , I am such a misfit ,if an attitude such as the one depicted, is the sagely lesson of . virtue. 

Well it depends :)  Someone who is rich and famous like Jack N is automatically going to have people criticizing him, it's human nature for people, particularly egoistic ones, to think about famous people.  One could surely say that it's healthy and normal if Jack does not 'think' about these negative followers of his.

Or something.  However I do get the gist of what you were saying in the previous post.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

, Jack has made decisions, and youre right ,in a situation like that, a person may need to draw such lines. However not all stars come to the defense of their ego using disdain. And no one is expecting movie people to all be spiritual leaders, as I agreed ,his attitude isnt really extrordinary h

owever! as paragons in your own ways ,you guys, I expect higher things of. :)

I dont picture , Buddha, HHDL, Lao ,Cz ,Ghandi or any of those inspired, should be as contemptuous of others as the pic is drawn up to look. And so I wont condone an attitude such as it ,to be healthy generally or the goal of spiritual seeking. or that its the solution those guys were encouraging. 

All it is is a conventional ego defense, Im not saying I think its unusual, nor even that it may be all that is available to some.