Sign in to follow this  
roger

The major differences between the three branches of Buddhism

I have my own practice and synthesis of teachings and yoked together the taoism with buddhism teachings - which many people do in history.

The only teacher I think who teaches suttavada properly is bhante vimaralamsi. I sense couple people here who actually had insight into jhanas which is not bad. 

I would suggest to practice Suttavada for majority of people who are anyway padamparas so they would go into nibbana and cease to exist so they will no longer suffer and they have no need to rebirth (being endless in blissful realm). 

You can even achieve high results quicker if you understand that this reality if false and existence have no sense. You do not look for the sense of your existential process but you understand they have no substance or sense to make and then you can quickly "flush" yourself like a shit in toilet. 

All you struggle in life is generally for nothing, your family, money etc. is generally nothing and after you think you achieved something you are going to die and repeat same process. 

The most disturbing thing fr me is to experience lower realms or hell realms, so definitely everybody should keep watching their conduct. (or quickly pracitce Usnisa Dharani recitation to root out from alaya consciousnesses seeds of being reborn in hell) 

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

People misunderstand the three branches of Buddhism. The thing is they are all equally important. An enlightened person will go through all of them. There are many ways to explain these three. The list could go on and on. Here is one that is practical for all of you.
Hinayana - is like the Precepts. 

Mahayana - is like Concentration or Understanding.

Vajrayana  - is like Wisdom.

For a person to become enlightened, he has to go through with the three. But each one of the three can be said to be complete. Any one of them can be entered and the person will attain enlightenment.

Edited by sageofthesixpaths
  • Like 1

I paraphrase badly:

Once, there was a master who traveled with three disciples. 

In their travels,  they crossed the country, and came to a great series of rice paddies.  Somewhere along the line,  they came to a disputed territory which had been allowed to be overgrown with weeds. The farmers,  annoyed by The weeds that spread from this unclaimed patch were willing to offer a reward to anyone who could clear The weeds. A poor man,  lacking sense or ability,  but seeing The potential profit waylaid our four pilgrims. He asked their advice on how to best clear these weeds. 

The master turned to his disciples and said 

"How shall we accomplish this clearing."

The first disciple, called T, said "The weeds must be uprooted by hand, only in being thorough can the field be made ready."

The second,  called N, said "that will take too long, use the hoe, the plow, and beasts of burden to make your work easier. "

The third student,  called V said, "I know a way that is better still. Board up the parcel, and let fire do the job. "

The master praised each disciple for his method,  and then admonished them: 

"If you do not  quickly plant something beneficial once you have cleared the parcel,  what was the point of clearing it? For weeds tend to fill empty spaces left alone. "

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nohbody said:

I paraphrase badly:

Once, there was a master who traveled with three disciples. 

In their travels,  they crossed the country, and came to a great series of rice paddies.  Somewhere along the line,  they came to a disputed territory which had been allowed to be overgrown with weeds. The farmers,  annoyed by The weeds that spread from this unclaimed patch were willing to offer a reward to anyone who could clear The weeds. A poor man,  lacking sense or ability,  but seeing The potential profit waylaid our four pilgrims. He asked their advice on how to best clear these weeds. 

The master turned to his disciples and said 

"How shall we accomplish this clearing."

The first disciple, called T, said "The weeds must be uprooted by hand, only in being thorough can the field be made ready."

The second,  called N, said "that will take too long, use the hoe, the plow, and beasts of burden to make your work easier. "

The third student,  called V said, "I know a way that is better still. Board up the parcel, and let fire do the job. "

The master praised each disciple for his method,  and then admonished them: 

"If you do not  quickly plant something beneficial once you have cleared the parcel,  what was the point of clearing it? For weeds tend to fill empty spaces left alone. "

And I think ultimately, the empty space should be filled by truth itself, by divine love and one's true self.

There's true healing and false healing. True healing is when one replaces illusion with truth. False healing is replacing illusion with other, seemingly better, illusions.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this