Sign in to follow this  
X2471990

Wing Chun the art of drawing and undrawing lines In your concicous mind

Wing chun is a Buddhist system. The ultimate goal of wing chun is to reach spiritual enlightenment but what does this mean from a martial stand point when all of Buddhism in the states has been corrupted by political ideologies. Wing Chun was invented by revolutionaries. Unfortunately most Asian systems are so watered down. I'd like to open this form to promote ideas on real martial arts and spiritual enlightenment from a martial standpoint. There is a old sayin when two tigers fight one is killed and the other is maimed.

what is the depth of your Buddhist studies,  if some one asked you 

what would you say. 

6 minutes ago, X2471990 said:

Unfortunately most Asian systems are so watered down.

what have you done to correct this, 

did you go to Asia and start there? 

Why would you have to go to Asia and start there? All you really need to do is know what a real fight is how it starts and what to do in it. You then learn and how to teach someone how to really fight most people in the states don't want that that's the key they want a fantasy in real martial arts there is no garentee you will win a fight by learning a martial system. But a real fight is not a UFC bjj match that's a sport anything goes in a real fight. And to train someone to really fight is to train to kill. Paradoxically this actually can make a person much more peaceful. Asian system have become nonsense because of the way they are thought including most wing chun schools. And to answer the question in a very Buddhist way lol I don't know the depth you'd have to be most specific. We live in a society that needs everything broken down into o levels. But if I could answer that question it would be can you accept this moment as it is just this moment and have a upright response to it with out being in conflict with yourself.

Edited by X2471990

12 hours ago, X2471990 said:

And to train someone to really fight is to train to kill. Paradoxically this actually can make a person much more peaceful.

Very true but I wouldn't say paradoxically. The person becoming calmer, more peaceful is a natural result of training martial arts. However you have to have good character. My teacher draws a parallel to nuclear weapons, you don't want them in the hands of people willing to blow themselves up to kill others. You want them in the hands of calmer people where you know they'll only be used as a deterrent or last resort. Wouldn't be great there were no WMDs? Yes...

Do you practice Wing Chun?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, X2471990 said:

And to train someone to really fight is to train to kill.

wow, was in the Army for 20yrs serving in mech/inf units 

I must admit being a grunt medic "killing" others was not my main job 

the others I worked with trained directly for that.  

Why not join the military were you can put your training to use,

or have you killed others with your training. 

4 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

Very true but I wouldn't say paradoxically. The person becoming calmer, more peaceful is a natural result of training martial arts. However you have to have good character. My teacher draws a parallel to nuclear weapons, you don't want them in the hands of people willing to blow themselves up to kill others. You want them in the hands of calmer people where you know they'll only be used as a deterrent or last resort. Wouldn't be great there were no WMDs? Yes...

Do you practice Wing Chun?

Yes I do do wing Chun and I do believe in cultivating good character your not gonna teach a sadistic person how to be a more efficient killer

3 hours ago, windwalker said:

wow, was in the Army for 20yrs serving in mech/inf units 

I must admit being a grunt medic "killing" others was not my main job 

the others I worked with trained directly for that.  

Why not join the military were you can put your training to use,

or have you killed others with your training. 

Well this isn't the deep web lol so I could be traced to answer questions of the sort. But I don't fell the military is for me don't  get me wrong I admire people who can serve but I don't have all the personality traits to do  military.

If you could maintain a calm composer and fight like your fighting for your life that is a very dangerous person local martial arts schools aren't teaching that. And most of it isn't steet worthy. That's why bjj had become so popular. Not that it's not a good system but bjj is more effective compared to what is being taught in most martial arts schools.

Sign in to follow this