Sign in to follow this  
steve

Dream Yoga

On 5/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, silent thunder said:

another synchronicity...

Just last week I was compelled to begin working my way through his book again.

timing...

Which book? :ph34r:

I thought it worth sharing that the workshop Liminal Luke was referring to is here:

http://www.glidewing.com/twr/dreamyoga_home.html

Unlike the Facebook Live teachings, this workshop has a fee as it is hosted by Glidewing, an independent entity.

It's a great workshop. I've spent 2 weeks in retreat with him on these practices, done the workshop, and read the book.

I can confidently say that the workshop has everything you need to establish a solid dream practice.

Jox, I think Silent Thunder is referring to this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/199519.The_Tibetan_Yogas_Of_Dream_And_Sleep

Great resource for dream and sleep yoga with the emphasis on dream yoga.

The supporting practices discussed for dream yoga are also used for the sleep practice.

If anyone is working with these practices and has questions, I can help with the basics.

• Like 4

It is interesting that this topic would be brought up today.

Lately I have been practicing a pretty heavy thing of Zazen both in movement and formal sitting by inspiration of places like Antaiji and Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery.

I have found my mind coming around to Anatta (non-self, not self) and Śūnyatā (Emptiness).  It usually starts with some observations and or logic in my mind around Anatta and then sometimes will drop into a deeper arena of thought and slight experience around Emptiness.

Last night while I was sleeping I was very aware and present within a certain point in my dreaming.  Then the dream landscape became a formal setting of "Roshis" with me there.

There was one head teacher and I looked over at her.  As I did this I knew something was happening and a Koan came out of me "What is past the Dharma?" and then within me in the dream was this intense experience were I could have "let go" in a near absolute sense.  This triggered a massive thing of fear and the idea of complete death came upon me.

At this point I turned away from it and nothing happened and I awoke.

I have had some experiences in meditation and in sleep like this before and I have had some varying experiences with it that I can go into if anyone is interested.

What I am saying I guess is that sleep and dreams are an excellent arena in which to practice in.  If able and when the moments arise.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, steve said:

I thought it worth sharing that the workshop Liminal Luke was referring to is here:

http://www.glidewing.com/twr/dreamyoga_home.html

Unlike the Facebook Live teachings, this workshop has a fee as it is hosted by Glidewing, an independent entity.

It's a great workshop. I've spent 2 weeks in retreat with him on these practices, done the workshop, and read the book.

I can confidently say that the workshop has everything you need to establish a solid dream practice.

Jox, I think Silent Thunder is referring to this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/199519.The_Tibetan_Yogas_Of_Dream_And_Sleep

Great resource for dream and sleep yoga with the emphasis on dream yoga.

The supporting practices discussed for dream yoga are also used for the sleep practice.

If anyone is working with these practices and has questions, I can help with the basics.

Thank you Steve! Seems that stuff would be quite ok for me.

My lucid dreams are usually spontaneous. For example, last night, I slept with nice girl ... I woke up, but, I couldnt move ... then I perceived something like some weird entitiy was along me. Hm wtf was this? Lol ... Then with intent I succeeded to jump out of the bed on the other side of the room. I turned back, but I was in another room, the bed wasnt the same. I decided to check a little around. I opened the doors and left the room. Interesting, outside there were a lot of people on some night event ... I took a chat with two of them ... Letter on I was kicked back in to the bedroom ... Lol ...  :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jox said:

Thank you Steve! Seems that stuff would be quite ok for me.

My lucid dreams are usually spontaneous. For example, last night, I slept with nice girl ... I woke up, but, I couldnt move ... then I perceived something like some weird entitiy was along me. Hm wtf was this? Lol ... Then with intent I succeeded to jump out of the bed on the other side of the room. I turned back, but I was in another room, the bed wasnt the same. I decided to check a little around. I opened the doors and left the room. Interesting, outside there were a lot of people on some night event ... I took a chat with two of them ... Letter on I was kicked back in to the bedroom ... Lol ...  :ph34r:

Did you not get enough sleep and or is your sleep schedule kind of all over the place, that sounds a lot like sleep paralysis.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:19 PM, CedarTree said:

Did you not get enough sleep and or is your sleep schedule kind of all over the place, that sounds a lot like sleep paralysis.

May be some kind of sleep paralysis, but soon after I move "out" in my energy body. My sleeping schedule is just ok, I sleep normally.

Interesting, just yesterday, I took a nap afternoon ... I "woke up" ... before wandering around, I just decided to do some practice. I did part of moving One finger Zen set. It was really extraordinary experience ... Then I ... ok, it is enough for now ... :ph34r:  

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this