Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Qi

damo mitchell-neigong- creating a structured practice

I am currently trying to put togther a structured practice from his nei gong book but I also know he does more than what is in the book and also features more in his foundations course.

I am currently looking after a sick friend so cannot attend a workshop in the nearby future but want to start practicing now .

Has anyone who trained with him got a structure of practice they could share ?

so far i am including sung breathing, dragon dao yin , the qi gong from his nei gong book and the one from his heavenly streams book , dan tien meditation.

He usually emphasizes these things in foundational workshops:

- stretches similar to yoga - about 20% of time. You can look at Roni's youtube video to get a sense of it

- Wuji standing. This one is tricky. You'll need to stand correctly. The book is not very clear or precise alignments AFAIR. If you are not sure about wuji, stand in 'holding a tree'. Damo regards Holding a Tree as an advanced pose but it is easier to get info on it than for wuji. Anyway, standing should be min 10 minutes with the aim of 20 minutes

- moving exercises. Best to start with his jiben qigong and do it 10-20 min a day for 2-3 years. This is what his senior students advise (I'm a beginner)

- if you still have time, sitting for 20-30 minutes would be good.

- Dragon Dao Yin, IMO, is good only because you make steps while doing it. Other than that it is quite tricky.

Please note that Damo promises in very near future to issue DVD's on all his moving forms - you can find this info in his LNG website. I personally am waiting for his Wu Dao Yin DVD - it is brutal but good for the body.

At this moment Damo does not have plans on teaching new students in NA. But his senior student Steve Galloway teaches in Toronto (Canada) and possibly in Atlanta 3-4 times a year. Get it if you can.

• Like 3

Hi Idquest!

thanks for sharing!

Hope to hear more from you as you advance in your training.

In the other Damo thread i wrote that i liked his "white moon..." very much but wondered where all the replenishing is going on.

so hope to hear more from you in the future (if you into neidan at all?)

all the best

michael

Sign in to follow this