Arkady Shadursky

Methods, transmission of them and miracles

You can bet the wife would of written a very different polemic  :P

No matter what she would have wanted to write, more important what she would have been allowed to write.

My experience while living in China and travailing around was that there was not much drinking going on.Of course I was not at bars and clubing with the weekend warriors. I bought a beer and it was like 2% alcohol which is fine with me.

Same to our experience. In China during many months of travel we've only met 1 drunk person (it were small cities of old China).

<...>

How 7 of his students was able to learn all for 6 years?Some of them be with him for 1-2 years only at the end of his life.And then they start new school.How lovly after 2 years of study you proclaim to be Patriarch and Master of your own school.

Where is here 100 days of replenishing making foundation,3 years to produce foetus plus 9 years facing the wall as AA.Khokhlov proposed?We see that Wang didnt have time for this procedure and I ask how he cant teach his students when he didnt do it himslef?Come on and wake up people....

Ormus

Different stages require different time. Immortality starts from stage 3 of 5.
Wasn't Patriarch Wang clear enough in the poem dawei quoted here (thank you for constructive contribution): 

Abandon grave and graveyard to wander among clouds and waters.13
Is anything more enjoyable than wandering among clouds and waters?

We haven't checked the translation, but I believe this phrase should be fine enough.

As we can see Wang's poem has both sides: the part about alcohol and the part about escaping the death.
And it is always up to you what to put on the first place here: alcohol addiction or opportunity to become Xian...

However to fully understand what was meant here by Wang Chongyang and why did he engage both of these parts together we need to study original text in Chinese. Investigate every single character he used and all the details of epoch during which it has been written.

---

Best Regards,

Arkady

Edited by Arkady Shadursky

No matter what she would have wanted to write, more important what she would have been allowed to write.

I know this is getting off topic but they wrote.  I'm happy to makes some recommended reading to show the general position of power they held.    But if you like poets, try Li Qingzhao.

gender equality, in which the Song Dynasty was clearly superior to the Tang Dynasty," Wang writes. 

http://www.womenofchina.cn/womenofchina/html1/special/14/9844-1.htm

Interesting. But foot binding appeared in the Song era, too, and one can fish around the internet and find numerous counterarguments in under five minutes. In the broad perspective, I'm sure varying levels of freedom were enjoyed by people of different eras, ethnicities, regions, villages, and families with the Song Dynasty, just like there are women in the United States now who enjoy a lot of freedom and power, and some who are slaves. I maintain that speculating about Wang Chongyang's family life and attempting to extrapolate conclusions about his attainments from such is is a fool's errand for cultivators, but hey, people are free to do as they wish.