Rakiel

importance of laogong points in qigong

I have a question regarding laogong points in relation to qigong practice. They seem to be very important and I was wondering exactly what role they play in directing energy. I suspect they play a big role, but why?

interesting question... I've not thought about it before but my first reaction is that being on the pericardium meridian, it channels heart energy.   And if the heart is centrally what allows you to connect with the universe, then the lao gong would be a channel for that too.

The one issue I've come to see in regards to Qigong and other energy manipulating practices is that one tends to control the channeling too much and that is danger with that.  One should really step aside and allow the complete flow without trying to control things.   

In so far as Qi Gong practice - directing energy in the sense of engineering is of no importance in general cultivation: in other words from the standpoint of spiritual growth and general unfoldment it is better not to direct and engineer ones progress and much better to allow the practice to unfold organically.

For the purposes of medical qi gong or specific tricks and martial arts - directing it is actually relatively simple based on very simple practice and the amount you have cultivated.

The centers in the hand and feet will naturally become apparent and prominent in good cultivation. They will extend outward considerably and will greatly enhance your sensitivity and connection to various energies such as earth and heaven and nature.

They are also capable of opening and closing transmission - a bit like a mouth which can suck in, breath out, eat, spit and make noises and other things. The capabilities come with practice primarily because it takes practice in order for one to have the certainty that when you direct the energies out of your hands or feet something is actually happening. The more you fully see / feel / know something is happening the more certain and clarified about it you will be. It is a bit like a child learning motor function capabilities and then mastering them. The difference is that in general the hand and feet chakras are quite ready and well developed and waiting for you to master them and feel them and come to know them.

The abilities in the hands and feet to feel and know - look up "clairsentience" - is something little understood but very far beyond simple touch and texture. They can sense a great deal more including past and future and current vibrations.

In addition to sending and receiving they can deflect energies sent from one hand and deflected by the other - this is useful in moving energy. They can deflect incoming energies and they can absorb incoming energies and energies within which they are immersed.

Learning these aspects is what is needed in healing and energy work. It is primarily a function of playing with these functions / abilities in order to fairly quickly learn about them - though it will take many years to "master" them.

The primary thing to learn is how not to accumulate unwanted energies during healing and how to dispense with them. Also how to access energies that will not deplete your own energies and how to store up your own energies - all in no-effort.

• Like 7

Qi Gong can be thought of in the dimiminished sense as simply an energy manipulation exercise. It is like calling Yoga simply an energy manipulation regime - it is a complete misunderstanding of it. Like saying the human body is primarily an eating machine.

Qi Gong is also a path to Enlightenment.

Edited by Spotless