dwai

Gateway to limitless being

Brahman is also described in the same way. Brahman is silence. Silence is true knowledge.

Brahman is also called "Triguna rahitAm" (free of the three gunas or properties of Rajas, tamas and Sattva).

Brahman is also called "dvandvateetam" (beyond duality, so it cannot be given a label or observed as form - hence, empty of phenomenal nature).

Brahman is also called "nirvikalpa, nirAkAra" (cannot be imagined and does not have any form)

I can go on...

:)

The "One" is the "I AM" or "Aham" of Advaita Vedanta. It is not the Atman...it is the gateway between Atman/Brahman and the 10,000 things.

Brahman being described as things like "silence" is not the same as buddhist emptiness (or Dao) to me. Silence is clear or quiet mind. Such a definition again implies a state of (universal) mind. To me, the differences between the views are clearly visible. Earlier, you stated that a jivanmukta = bodhisattva, to me the description differences shown in the thread, continue to highlight this point.

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43259-jivanmuktas-and-bodhisattvas/

I have very much enjoyed the discussion, but we will probably have to add me to the agree to disagree group, as I believe all of the information I have provided has shown.

• Like 1