dwai

Shri M and Kriya Yoga

I've started coming across Shri M and his books off late. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Madhukarnath

His autobiography titled "Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master" I found as fascinating and inspiring as The Autobiography of a Yogi  (and several times moved to tears as it tugged at a heart-string of deep yearning for the Himalayas in me). 

I also read a couple of his other books, one on Hinduism and the other on three principle Upanishads and found that his knowledge and approach was very impressive (and congruent with my personal understanding and experiences on the subject).

Has anyone here had personal experiences with him, and/or learnt from him? 

Also this video associated with Shri M --

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just ordered his autobiography. The Oneness of the Vedas really sounds like the Tao. For a Muslim to be into the Vedic tradition is really unique.

• Like 1

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just ordered his autobiography. The Oneness of the Vedas really sounds like the Tao. For a Muslim to be into the Vedic tradition is really unique.

As is described, he is a reincarnated disciple of Babaji and continuing his spiritual journey in this life. 

I've started coming across Shri M and his books off late. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Madhukarnath

His autobiography titled "Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master" I found as fascinating and inspiring as The Autobiography of a Yogi  (and several times moved to tears as it tugged at a heart-string of deep yearning for the Himalayas in me). 

I also read a couple of his other books, one on Hinduism and the other on three principle Upanishads and found that his knowledge and approach was very impressive (and congruent with my personal understanding and experiences on the subject).

Has anyone here had personal experiences with him, and/or learnt from him? 

Also this video associated with Shri M --

M

Whenever I see a mystical book like this, I am always interested in listening to the author.  I have to put it on hold to get this for various reasons.

Well, when it comes to books, I have a weakness in general.  Just like how some are attracted to collecting other stuff.   :)

Edited by Cauvery
  • Like 1

Started reading the kindle version couple of days back.  Simply fascinating.

My mind opened up.  I got the sample from Amazon to read it in the kindle app in my iPad.  I am getting the full version now.  When I try the sample versions from Amazon, I normally end up buying one out of 50 (or even 100) books that I try.

If I had come across this book just when browsing Amazon, I would have been very skeptical about it.  For this, I have to thank you for bringing this up here.  Our mind opens up when we hear, or come to know of certain things from certain place or people.

I would encourage to those that are debating to get this or not, to test drive, with the sample portion of the book that is given free on the following link from Amazon.  On the right hand side of the page, below buying options, there is a button that reads 'Send a free sample':  https://www.amazon.com/Apprenticed-Himalayan-Master-Yogis-Autobiography-ebook/dp/B007F2I3F0/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1486219308&sr=8-1

• Like 2

Still reading the book.  Following are couple of quotes that I read on the book (kindle edition) that I liked and wanted to share.  These quotes are attributed to Babaji on the book.

"A minute of kindness is more precious than a hundred years of intense austerities."

“If you can meditate perfectly for thirteen years, for thirteen hours a day, but cannot hear the cry of pain of a living being in distress, all your thirteen years of meditation have been wasted. If meditation has not softened your heart, throw it out of the window. It’s of no use.”

Doesn't matter if it is from Babaji, said to who or what time.  There is truth in the words above.

• Like 2