thelerner

Chinese paradigm and ghost in the shell

I was originally putting this into a thread on Destiny in Daoism thread, since it was getting into defining terms, but thought this question deserved its own thread.  

Is my conceptual base/paradigm moving off in the wrong direction by positing that there is sorta a ghost body we're suppose to cultivate as well as our physical.  That they have organs in common/ same places but the physical and 'ghost' do different things. 

If I was to 'Westernize' dans, mings, xings etc., would such a framework, (lets get rid of ghost) and into subtle body and material body be accurate? 

If that's accurate, then how would you explain things without using Chinese terms, as far as how the Subtle body works and reacts to the real body?

Cause If thats a half way decent metaphor, we can say nei dan is about working with the Subtle body and Gi gong is working both.. connecting.  And the reason we meditate is to access/bridge the Subtle with the Physical. 

Any sense in that?

If I was to 'Westernize' dans, mings, xings etc., would such a framework, (lets get rid of ghost) and into subtle body and material body be accurate? 

Ethereal and corporeal? Although that wording comes from Hun & Po?

If that's accurate, then how would you explain things without using Chinese terms, as far as how the Subtle body works and reacts to the real body?

Why would you want to do that?

One learns a little Chinese along the way :P and they truly knew what they were talking about, it's crazy.

Cause If thats a half way decent metaphor, we can say nei dan is about working with the Subtle body and Gi gong is working both.. connecting.  And the reason we meditate is to access/bridge the Subtle with the Physical. 

Any sense in that?

The texts of Classic Chinese Medicine and Classic Acupuncture are both based on Body/Mind/Spirit.

Is the Mind Subtle or Physical?

Can we separate them?

Also one thing I'm interested but haven't read much about it is that it seems Classic Chinese texts state that only Humans have Shen. Animals would only have Jing and Qi.