Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

Qat energy! :lol:

Yes I will not be showing this post to Jean Claw, he already thinks he is a God.

I do love the way that when I'm home if I look around somewhere close by will be a cat (we have 2) When you move they will follow you around, not really close (unless it dinner time) but just enough to be there with you.

To "own a pet" and "be owned by a cat" are different practices. I've never "owned" a cat but I've been owned by a succession of cats since early childhood and consider them my first taoist teachers.

My grandmother's cat who was older than me (she was five when I was born) was definitely a major sifu. She was a scholar warrior and taught me about love and war. My next cat was an intellectual and a player, a whimsical, delightfully unpredictable master with much love and much mischief in him; he's who and what I think of when I think "the power of innocence" and "uninhibited spontaneity." Then I lived with a dumb cat, an obtuse sage who did everything the stupid way, literally walking backwards -- and he walked into paradise on earth, the best life a cat can possibly have. He taught me about the limitations of intellect for purposes of happiness. My current cat has been with me a long time, she is humble, meek, very talkative in a meaningful way, and thinks of herself as a human being. She is quite old (18) and yet as slender, healthy and agile as she was when she was a young kitty, and her lessons are about conserving energy -- and of course love, as usual. Cats are great taoist teachers provided you don't "own" them (i.e. don't mess them up the human way, with vaccinations and junk food and restrictions on their freedom.)

Sign in to follow this