Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Thanks giving

Happy Thanksgiving.  I think every culture that has seasons celebrates the fall harvest, gathers the family for warmth and good cheer.  Knowing that winter is coming with possible ice zombies, wildlings, weddings and strife. 

Hopefully we all have alot to be thankful for.  Part of that thankfulness is recognizing the fragility of life.  It throws alot at us, it gives and takes away, ofttimes capriciously.  Which is why we need to celebrate the good.  Appreciate our friends, family.. even those crazy kids.  Everyone is doing the best they can, 'cept me, I move along at a slow trot. 

I learned a new word yesterday, German one I think, Weltschmerzen.  It means sadness on thinking about the evils of the world. Synonyms: world-weariness..  I think its time to put that away for a bit.  A time to be of good cheer, to be charitable, to make the world shine simply by being nice to others. 

So, I hope this Thanksgiving people will lift up there glasses and toast to the good things that have happened this year, because gratitude is the sister of happiness. 

• Like 10

Sign in to follow this