roger

being "awake" is the understanding of ultimacy

Einstein said, "There are two ways to live; one is as if nothing is a miracle, the other is as if everything is."

I see being "awake" as recognizing how incredible everything is, how amazing it is that we exist at all, how divine love is, what a miracle the life within us is. Even objects like a pencil have an ultimacy, an extraordinariness about them.

Everyone already knows about this ultimacy, and it's basically obvious, they just don't think about it often. It's like we take it for granted. We keep it at bay, at a safe distance, out of our conscious minds.

• Like 2

I have a different idea about life. Not only that, there are different spiritual stages of development and seeing miracles in everything is the penultimate, not the ultimate. this is because the purpose of spirituality is to merge one with the Divine which is pure and absolute Miracle by nature. If we see a miracle different from it, then it means our ego is still functioning to recognize a miracle other than the pure and absolute miracle God. But I agree that we need to go through each and every stage step by step to cross over to the ultimate experience of absolute Self Realization or God Consciousness. Till Self Realization, the aspirant's attitude will be that of a disinterested interest in the happening of the world, just like a drop of water on the lotus leaf which is detatchedly attached to the leaf.

• Like 1

I have stated before that I do not hold to the concept of miracles.  This is because most ofter miracles refer to something supernatural and in my understanding there is nothing that is not natural.

However, I gently accept Einstein's statement.  This does not alter my understanding.

Yes, it is amazing and wondrous that life exists on Earth.  So many things had to be "just right" for life to become established.

Being awake (to reality) and awareness are surely important. 

Beyond that I can't say much else right now.

• Like 1

The word I prefer is curisiosity

This cultivates the childlike beginners mind

Yes every moment is a great wonder! Each moment new

• Like 3

the supernatural is also natural and ...

Yeah, but only in the individual mind.  When you dream of ghosts I have no dreams.

an "individual mind" is the dream...which is realized upon waking up

I should have expected something like that from you.  My lack of foresight.  Hehehe.